Dinner at a Restaurant

Share your successes with others
missgsr

Post by missgsr » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:59 am

This weekend, my close and extended family wanted to go out to Black Angus to celebrate my and my uncle's birthdays. I was really nervous because, even though they are family, my extended family doesn't really know what's going on with me right now. I was nervous to go to a restaurant, sit with a bunch of people and eat, and make it through the whole thing. My mom said I didn't have to come if I wasn't up to it but I felt like if I didn't go, I was giving in to the anxiety and letting it control my life (not a good pattern to start).

So, I went, and it was nice. :) I sat next to my cousin and his girlfriend and it turns out, they are both dealing with the same thing. We sat there and talked about it for a good 45 minutes. She got over her anxiety by changing her lifestyle/diet/exercise but with NO meds! I have such hope that if I just treat my body like a temple, I will be rewarded with hapiness and comfort.

It's so nice to meet people who can relate...who know exactly what you're going through. I feel like I have a new friend...new inspiration...new hope.

Go me!
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose." -Dr. Seuss

fear not

Post by fear not » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:30 am

Hello!Congratulations!! :p I'm so glad to hear that you did not give into the fear.You're right that is a bad pattern to start.I wish you the best!!Take care!

Aura

Post by Aura » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:54 am

You go!
Thanks for the wonderful story.
I'm sure many of us will be facing these dinners, since the holidays are upon us!
Aura

danthemankandy

Post by danthemankandy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:39 pm

You go girl!...or boy. But ya, out on the streets are so many possibilities to not be alone. Sounds cliche, but you're not unique in you're suffering. I have yet to find others that can relate to me other than a handful of people. And I have yet to find my "soulmate" But, heck, I'm only 19 and have a long ways to go. Right now is pretty stressful b/c I have to work on college apps for transfering. Just keep your head up and do what you do.

DisneyGirl

Post by DisneyGirl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey there, congrats on going out to dinner with a group. That is great! And how great that you found someone to talk to about what is going on with you. It can be so hard to find someone who understands.

goodwillchic

Post by goodwillchic » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:02 am

That's wonderful! It is a great feeling to know you are not alone. I've recently moved to Las Vegas and was very nervous about meeting people. One of the girls I've met is going through similar, if not more severe, anxiety. It is so nice to have someone to talk to about it. Plus I've gotten to tell her about this program and I think she's going to try it :)