Anxiety attacks associated with trembling

Share your successes with others
Richard at Lake

Post by Richard at Lake » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:30 pm

Has anyone had the experience I do with trembling? I experience this when I know I need to write, especially in front of other people. This stresses me when I try to write a check because I get anxious and this increases the shakiness and makes it hard to write. I am just starting my second week in the session and am working on trying to relax and not tense and let my anxiety get out of control.

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:23 am

I used to. It made me feel like a car that was about to stall. I'd shake like I was detoxing. I learned to do things slower. As I concentrated on my breathing and practiced writing steady etc etc, the trembling started to go away. The more I journalled, the more steady I got.

derfy

Post by derfy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 am

Originally posted by Richard at Lake:
I experience this when I know I need to write, especially in front of other people.
I've had a similiar experience when others are watching me do a task (such as typing on a computer when we are collaborating on something). It makes me HYPER aware of myself like I'm worried I'll make a mistake and THEY will instantly see it. It's an added pressure. The other time is when they come to my office and I'm looking for something they need and it's in one of these piles somewhere, and the fact that they are watching makes me nervous. So I try to think of another way to handle it, for example say "I'll bring that right over to you" and let them leave so I can search without them.

So, is there another way that you could handle this? For example, if you're in a grocery store with others watching you write a check could you use a debit card instead? Also, could you fill in part of the check ahead of time while standing in line..such as the name of the store and the date (just don't sign it yet) and then just fill in the amount. That would reduce the amount of time you're writing while being observed...

Another thing I do when I'm at a grocery store is stop in an aisle privately somewhere and pull out the debit card I plan to use (since I must search for it in my purse) or else count my cash to ensure I have enough. I don't like the embarrasment of not having the card in time or the right amount of cash before the groceries are done being checked out. It's a pressure time... It's helped me alot...
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:56 am

hey this is the first time ive spoken w/anybody that has tromors other than me my mom and gma its terrible my hands shake so bad and so much worse when im in front of somebody its really making my life complicated im so sorry to here that you suffer w/this but im glad to finnily here its not only me ill tell you what it is one of the main causes of my anxiety and panic attacks im so embarassed that people will see me and think im some kind of spaz or somthing do you take any thing for the tremmors and is it only w/the anxiety or were you like that before? if you dont mind i will try to add you to my buddies list and maybe we can talk more about it it may be helpfull for us both

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:59 am

hey richard check your private messages plz

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:42 pm

I've experienced this. During my last bad episode, I was in a relationship. At night, he would be sleeping and I'd be shaking so bad that the bed would shake and I was afraid I'd wake him up. I think it's because our muscles are so tight, we shake, at least that's how it was for me.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:58 am

Originally posted by don11:
hey richard check your private messages plz
Hi, Don 11,
I sent a message earlier today, but not sure it will get to you. I am not that familiar with the system. Please acknowledge if you got my other message and hopefully you get this so we can continue to discuss this. I'm trying to navigate this program, so please accept my apology if it looks like I have ignored your message.

Richard at Lake

hopehound

Post by hopehound » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:14 am

Hi all, I am so thankful to see others posting about trembling. Mine is head tremors - my hands are just fine! And I think that's what bothers me more than anything else is shaking in front of others. One of the clerks at our credit union thought I had MS or Parkinson's! What did you all do to overcome?

Pattie
ANGELS CAN FLY BECAUSE THEY TAKE THEMSELVES LIGHTLY

epa

Post by epa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 am

Some fearful flier have this also. Especially, once the cabin doors closes they tend to fear their own behavior, & anxiety sets in.
More info <A HREF="http://www.flyinganxiety.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.flyinganxiety.com</A>
ATTITUDE -- The mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open!!