Driving Success

Share your successes with others
Shifrah

Post by Shifrah » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:37 pm

Normally I don't have issues driving around town or under 20 minutes on a stretch of highway or freeway.

More than 20 minutes I usually zone out and a panic attack will come on during a boring drive. I think the panic attack gets triggered by the zoning out or something.

Anyway, I hardly drive for long distances for that reason, but today I helped out a friend in the next large town over from here, it was about a 30 minute drive on a long stretch of freeway and I did just fine.

I did feel tired and a couple of times started to feel like I was zoning out but I talked to to myself and asked the panic attack to come, which of course it didn't!

As long as I'm not too tired, I am confident that I can now drive long distances on boring highways without worrying about having a panic attack.
Shif.

If you don't like something change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:13 pm

Hey Shifrah, this is great news. Perhaps we will overcome this driving thing eventually. I am proud of you! P

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:35 pm

Shifrah...You are getting really good at embracing those panic attacks!!! You are also becoming very good at challenging your thoughts, and calming yourself down...

The more you do anything, the better you get at it...

You are doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!! God Bless...