One more triumph....

Share your successes with others

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:03 pm

Tonight, I went to a weight loss place (W.W.) and joined up. The place was spinning, but I know that this is what I need to do. I sat thru the meeting and continued to feel fuzzy. This is turning out to be the best week off I've ever had ! I know that there will many potholes in the way, but I think I can actually do this.
If I have to accomplish things while feeling fuzzy, then I'll have to do it fuzzy. From what others have posted, the fuzziness gets less and less.

"Do it fuzzy !"

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Wow Wow Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are off and running. It's amazing how you have so much inspiration and drive to beat this...I really hope a lot of people needing inspiration will read your posts. WAY TO GO AFTER LIFE!!

I am soooooooo proud of you. You really need to reward yourself big time. I'm right here cheering you on.

GREAT JOB, GOD BLESS!!!!
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:50 pm

The ride to the weight loss place was filled with all kinds of panic (I must've hit every red light on the way - PANIC !!!!!). :eek: Once I weighed in and stayed for the meeting and then left, it seemed that all of the panic just stopped. It's like riding down a real bumpy road and then all of a sudden driving on a road that's newly paved. It just stopped. It started again a little later, though.

Do it fuzzy !

Debbie D

Post by Debbie D » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi, I also had a triumph today. I have been very anxious about my mamogram this year, I don't know why. Yesterday I used my program and though it wasn't perfect i was able to calm my anixiety, by breathing, positive self talk by just excepting that it was anxiety and not fighting it. Today I got up and got ready and went to my appointment, I took all my flash cards from the first 4 sessions and I just walked through the fear. When it was over, it was over and I was able to go on with my day. I was so proud of myself and told myself that. Just wanted to share my triumph also. Thanks for listening. God bless all of us

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi Debbie D,

Everytime I see your name it takes me back a few steps. I'm Debbie too and my maiden name started with D.

I think that your triumph takes the cake today. Only women can know how painfull this test is and if you got to the appointment and had the test then there's nothing you can't do !!!!

You have a lot of courage so don't ever let anyone tell you different!!

God Bless, Keep Up The GREAT WORK!!!
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Debbie D

Post by Debbie D » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:51 pm

Thank you, Montys Mom I appreciate your very kind and encouraging words. I've been using the program for 5 weeks and It is hard work but I believe it will be worth it. My brother is in A.A. and he always tells me to walk through the fear and I did that today Good Job, Deb that's what I tell myself, when I accomplish something. Thanks again. Debbie D

AdeleS

Post by AdeleS » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:16 pm

I just wanted to let you that WW worked for both myself and my husband. I was 25 lbs overweight after my son was born. I started WW and I lost 25 lbs in about 9 months. It did take a while, but I did it gradually. I followed the plan carefully and did exercise! It really is all about the choices we make. My husband lost 30 lbs as well doing WW. So it's definately doable! We went to our meeting every week. We actually made it part of our routine. Every friday, we would go to the 5pm meeting and then go out for pizza afterward. Pizza, you say? yes, pizza. It's 6 points for a slice. So I would plan that into my day. Maybe walk a little father and have a snack that was less points, than I would normally would eat. We made the plan work for us and you can do that too! This is without a DOUBT something that you can do! As for the potholes, don't worry about what hasn't happened! If you should have a setback, deal with it then. Get stronger each day. Good luck and know that we are all so proud of you and wish you all the best.