first time in 5 years

Share your successes with others
aj85

Post by aj85 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:29 pm

I have agraphobia..im scared of getting into cars with people that i don't know to well..for the fear that I might have to go to the washroom..or get sick and throw up...and mainly from doing that EMBARASS myself..i just finished sessiopn 2..and built up the courage to call someone and get a ride with them to an event..the ride went smoothly because i used the panic attack co-oping skills..the only problem..i see my triumph as neative..for the reason that before i got in the persons car..in a matter of 2 hours i went to the washroom like 4 times..diareahha..soo now i feel like the only was i got through it was because it was planned..and if i had to spontaniouly getinto someones car i wouldn't be able to do it..because i wouldn't beable to go to the washroom before getting into there car (when nervous..i always have to go to the washroom).am i being to hard on my self?

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Might sound cliche, but you're not unique in you're suffering. I get panicky in nearly all facets in life. Driving: is another motorist gonna crash into me? What if they honk...what'll happen? Am I gonna get my ass kicked? I seem to be more calm when I have passengers w/ me so I can distract myself from negative thoughts. Also in class: will I embarass myself? Am I pleasing everybody? I am on Week 14, so almost done first time through. Good luck and God bless, mang.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 pm

Baby steps. If we just put one foot in front of the other and ask for guidance, the baby steps add up to leaps and bounds. GOOD JOB!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:34 pm

You are doing great, and Uncle Mike is right...baby steps. This was one step toward your goals. But it was a very big step, you are doing great!