ANXIETY

Share your successes with others
Nicole22

Post by Nicole22 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:54 am

Today I decided to stop worrying and I feel so free. When I think "what if" I'm like...so what!! If. But a little part of me deep inside is like....omg but really...what if something bad DOES happen and you're thinking that it won't?!!! But I'm trying really hard not to feed that thought. I will overcome this!

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Amen Nicole!! Practice makes perfect.
:)

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 am

Your on the right path Nicole.Thoughts are things and if you think negative then that's exactly what may happen but if you think like you are doint right now you will be on the road to recovery...I am proud keep your head and don't be afraid of what lies ahead. Faith conquers all fears.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:18 am

Nicole

I am convinced that so much of anxiety is related to low self esteem. I had a problem with this and even still at times I will begin to worry about what others think. It is at that instant that I put up that stop sign that lucinda talks about...or I flush the thoughts down the toilet. I talk extremely positive to myself over and over, and I even actively change my body language...ie I try to walk as tall as possible with chest out...a confident walk, which in turn helps me feel stronger about myself. This helps tremendously. Then I will go do something that will test my self esteem...ie give my opinion to someone if it disagrees with what they think...etc. Just keep the positive thoughts flowing.Lesson 3 of the program is truly critical and I find myself going back to it and the cards from time to time