What a Gem!

Share your successes with others
TransformationIsBliss

Post by TransformationIsBliss » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:17 am

As we were driving back from a neighbouring town where we'd gone volunteering, my friend asked her 5-year-old son how many of the hoops he had made (out of three) in one of the games.

He replied: "One."
His mom said; "How do you feel about that?"
His reply: "What matters is, I tried."

His mom looked at me with a big smile and pride in her eyes, and I had to clutch my heart because I was so taken by his comment.

And I thought to myself THAT is what this program is all about. A healthy feeling of
self-worth, self-esteem and LOVE of self.

So thank you Matthew!! You made my day!!
TransformationIsBliss

Debbie D

Post by Debbie D » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:48 am

Hi Bliss your comment that your son made was so true. All that matters is that we try it might not turn out perfect but there is no such thing as perfect. I'm learning that now because of people like you who take the time to tell us about these things and this program and other another program that I''m involved in. I appreciate it so much it make my day go so much smother. It's nice to hear the positives, thanks again

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:58 pm

It's amazing how young children view things in life. They don't see things the way we do. For myself I have to say they are the closest thing to God..here on earth. Their love is so unconditional.
Thanks for sharing :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Chief Crazy Horse

Post by Chief Crazy Horse » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:18 pm

:) :) :) :)

pecos

Post by pecos » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:32 am

That is really cool!
:)

We can learn a lot from children. Life is simpler when we are young, and it doesn't have to get so complex when we get older. It's all in the thinking.
;)

TransformationIsBliss

Post by TransformationIsBliss » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:39 am

Hi All - Happy Halloween and thank you for responding!!

Lovelove
TIB

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:12 am

What a precious story...thanks for sharing it with us.

I also have a sweet story to share with everyone. I just had a call from my son to find out if we were making the trip back to our home town today to go trick or treating with our 4 grandauhters. They were in the car going to buy a pumpkin and my 2.5 year old grandaughter was talking up a storm as usual..she seems more like a 5 year old in so many ways. Anyways it reminded me of something she comes out with whenever they are going out and it just brings so much joy and laughter to me when she says " I have to get my purse, put on my lip gloss and get the car keys because I have to go shopping at wallmart....this sweet little blond baby with the adult words just cracks me up. The happiness and pure joy from a child is unlike anything else on earth. Out of the mouths of babes comes so much to be treasured forever. :D

They just grow up so fast. :(

Happy Halloween to everyone!!!
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

Dsrtdwllr

Post by Dsrtdwllr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:02 am

If a 5 year old gets it, there's no reason we can't !

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!