Yea Me!

Share your successes with others
AdeleS

Post by AdeleS » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know how proud I am of myself. I had dinner out in a restaurant with my husband tonight. I have severe GERD & worry about eating foods in restaurants. But I took a chance and went out to dinner with my husband. I was very nervous about eating something that was going to upset my stomach. But I ordered something I love to eat and kept telling myself that I was okay and that I didn't need to worry about something that hasn't happened. I kept thinking about how if you perceive a situation dangerous or scary then your mind will react that way. I kept telling myself that restaurant eating was not a scary situation and that it is quite enjoyable. I enjoyed my meal tremendously. I even took the added risk of getting something other than beef. I was very proud of myself and very happy with myself. YEA ME!

Then for desert, my husband and I started a ballroom dancing class once a week. Tonight we learned 4 steps to the dance, the Foxtrot. I had a great time, lots of fun!

forever young 06

Post by forever young 06 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:11 pm

AdeleS....You sound terrific! It feels so good to reach the sky, doesn't it? You will continue to build on this night and total recovery is so close. That is a great story...thanks for sharing that with us. I love the desert part!! How much fun is it dancing and all the while getting that much closer to your husband. What a bonus! Keep up the great work...enjoy.

Lynn