Is anyone like me?

Share your successes with others
IWNGU

Post by IWNGU » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:45 pm

Although I know that I had some anxiety at the beginning of the year (and probably the past year), I experienced my first panic attack after coming down with a bad sore throat that would not go away. I am told that it is larygnphageal reflux disease and although I have been on acid medicine for 6 months, I have not had much improvement. It is the thought of not being able to get the reflux under control which fuels my anxiety and which seems to be getting worse and worse (I am now in a constant state of nervousness) since I am so afraid of not being there for my children in the future? It is this cycle that just keeps perpetuating itself between the reflux and the anxiety. Is there anyone else out there whose anxiety was set off by a health issue? Just looking for advice on how one deals with both issues at the same time.

britgal

Post by britgal » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:59 pm

Hi,
My anxiety was triggered by a health issue. I have been having trouble with my eyes, losing my sight, blind spots, then seeing zig zag lines that last as long as an hour, it really freaks me out. I have been to a few different drs, and they diagnosed vascular migraines, although i have no headache... They have been happening weekly, so i have lost all my confidence regarding going out alone, in case they occur, i get no warning. This has made me so anxious, so i completely understand what you are going through. However, it is a viscous cycle, maybe my heightend state of anxiety is making me have these things more often. Maybe your anxiety is perpetuating your reflux. I know when i am anxious, my stomach can act up, and i even ended up having to have an upper GI. Have you had any tests done? You won't die from reflux, although that is a common fear, especially when you have children. Are you taking any stomach meds? Try changing your diet, to less acid producing foods.
Good luck

angela chriss

Post by angela chriss » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:03 pm

hi, iwngu,
i read ur concern, and my anxiety wasnt caused necessarily by a health issue, but what i do know, is that when ur body is dealing with anxiety, ur body is focusing more on the adrenaline in ur body, and how to slow it down, or use it up.. ur body doesnt not remember to relax and rejuvenate. u need to find ways to relax. and let ur body heal itself... u can take medicines. but look up what helps calm it down such as herbal teas. im not sure if that was helpful, but good luck
"when u know better, u do better"

Cinderellamom

Post by Cinderellamom » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:51 am

Oh my goodness! YES...
I was have heart paplatations (due to anxiety),
I had a stress test, echocardiagram, all that jazz, everything turned out fine... but they did put me on ALTENLOL, so I have to stay on that. But these past 6 months has aged me about 5yrs. I constantlly feel on edge, constantlly taking my pulse to make sure I am "alive", I hate it. I get freaked out so easily and yes, I worry too that I wont be here for my young kids.
I have not bought this program, is it worth it?!

cherries

Post by cherries » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:46 pm

Just wondering if Britgal has ever had a ct scan or mri? You might ask your dr. Not wishing to concern you but maybe there is something they are missing. My husband had dizziness and would sometimes see spots and it turns out he had a brain tumor. Everything was fine, no surgery or anything. They just monitor it to make sure it doesn't grow.
Just recently joined the group. I have the feeling often that I am not fully present. Sort of like my mind shuts off. I think my mind just races and then tunes out. Does anyone get this?

mblock

Post by mblock » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:57 pm

My anxiety was caused by a few issues but the main one was a health issue. I held so many feelings in, was dealing with alot of family issues and i developed an ulcer. One night i spent the whole night throwing up. It all started while i was at church and luckly made it home in time before i got sick. Ever since then i have had anxiety problems about getting sick in front of people. That is what i think about all the time. That is why i have issues going places and such. The littlest twinge in my stomach causes me to have a panic attack. I am 25 years old and this started when i was around 16 or 17. I feel so old now. I don't feel like at 25 year old woman i feel like i have aged so much in the last few years since my anxiety has gotten worse. This is why i have started this progam. Anxiety controls my life and i need to get a handle on it. 10 years is way to long to suffer.