Morning Anxiety

Share your successes with others
Otama

Post by Otama » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:53 am

Has anyone overcome anxiety which seems to come on as soon as I open my eyes, even when I did not fall asleep anxious.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:53 am

I too have this feeling. Its like I wake up anticpating how I feel internally. Thus I begin to anticipate feeling bad, then get more anxious. I will beat this though, time, practice, compassion, and patience.

Don57

Post by Don57 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:27 am

Hello,
I just joined this forum a couple of days ago as I woke up at 5am shaking and fearful. I have the program but have been too intimidated to get started on it. There is a section on morning anxiety that has helped the last couple of mornings, it mentions the adrenaline that wakes everyone up. Unfortunately when we have anxiety the adrenaline keeps pumping and we can't slow down, but just knowing where it comes from has given me some relief. I do take meds at night to help me sleep which does help and usually wears off by morning.
taking at least ten deep breaths will help. I know that it took me some practice to even make it to ten but it's working. I have anxiety anytime of day or night and the brathing helped last night and even though I was up til 4am, I able to sleep. I'm glad I found this group as there's so much support here. It's taken me a long time to reach out, but you're here because you have the courage!! Good luck, have faith in yourself. You CAN get through this!! :) Have a better day!!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger, the smarter, the faster hand; But sooner or later the person who wins is the one who thinks "I can." Author Unknown

http://dp19032k9.webs.com

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:35 am

this right here is one of my biggest problems if not the bigest because it sets the tone for the day . hers is what i did just today i put notes on the wall in my bedroom old pictures prayers u name it i have my relaxion tape there also .because we all need to get over this i mean once im up and get moving im ok but i want so desperately to stop waking up this way im going to try breathing which i do with some prayers tell it its just anxiety i know how hard this is cause youre like half awake something has go to give nothing lasts forever that i know ......wayne

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:48 am

Hello Wayne,

It seems that you did several positive things today. You seem to be proactive this morning! Good for you!! At least you got moving this morning. Praise yourself for every little thing, they add up!