walk into the store today!

Share your successes with others
Just Mommy

Post by Just Mommy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:34 pm

So I've only been on the program since Tues of this week. And i'm already seeing so many inprovements. I went to the store today and yes I was feeling a little anxious but I talked to myself and just breathed and counted, and it went away. And I got everything that I needed, without feeling like I needed to run out the door!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:44 pm

Wow!!! That is such a "great accomplishment"...I am sooooooo very proud of you, and you have every right to be proud also!!!

I can remember the first time that I drove to Jackson, Ky. which, is only about 20-25 minutes from here, I felt like I had climbed MT EVEREST!!!

I was soooo proud of myself, that I stopped at "Radio Shack" and bought my self my first cell phone, so I could call my hubby and tell him where I was!!!

You are doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!!

I am "rooting" for you...If you look at the upper left corner of this page, then you will find that I gave you a "thumbs up"...

Way to go!!! Love, Cloie

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 am

Just Mommy

That is awesome news! Way to go :D
That is a big accomplishment. Sounds
like you are doing really really good.
Two thumbs up :)

Jilly~

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:52 am

Excellent ! Just realize that nothing bad will happen when you walk into the store. Take small steps and be good to yourself. Also, remember to breathe. If you start to shallow breathe, you'll feel like passing out which will start the attack. Breathe normally and from the gut.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:15 am

Thank you all some much for the encouragement, I've still been doing really good, the store was one of my biggest fears and I'm conquering it step by step. I've went into the store everyday this week and it's been great! I'm really excited to start session 2!

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Just Mommy

Reading your posts has inspired me. Today after church I went shopping for a new purse and shoes and looking for some jeans. I didn't find anything at the two stores I went in . But one of the stores I have been ignoring for months fearing I'd get trapped in there. I even had my hubby tell me he went in there and felt a lil phobic since they are remodeling the store and everything is a mess and he couldn't find anyting and got annoyed. But today I said "this is crazy I am going in there!" and I did. And left bummed since they didn't have anything I liked at all. I will be hitting more stores this week :)
I was a little nervous but never got panicky and It felt good to know that I was in control. I have hit a real emotional wall this week on lesson 6 dealing with anger and so some of the anxiety stuff is on hold a bit. Today was empowering. Thanks again JMommy for kicking some anxiety butt!! You not in this alone
Jill~

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm so glad to help! And i'm so happy for you! My next step is to go places without my son. He's my "safe person". Hopefully session 2 can help me out with that! But i'm glad that you are in control and going down the right path, keep me updated! Good luck!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Way to go Just Mommy!!!!

You did great!

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:06 am

Just Mommy
how's it going? Are you out there kicking some
anxiety butt? It's nice and sunny here in CO. today. Which helps :)
I hope you have a good week :)

Jill~