it took two years but i did it!

Share your successes with others
1blessedg

Post by 1blessedg » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:42 pm

i have had panic disorder with agorophobia for a little over two years now. for the first time in 2 years i have finally been able to drive this one route that i never thought i'd be able to do again. i still have limitations on my driving such as major highways and especially over high high places, but for the first time in a long time i feel like i will be able to drive anywhere i want soon. i am so excited!!! i can almost taste the freedom :D

craig67

Post by craig67 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:15 am

I am so happy for you. I am strugling with a similar situation and it is very inspiring to hear that you accomplished a goal . Keep it up !!! It will only get easier. Good luck!!

1blessedg

Post by 1blessedg » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:15 pm

thanks. i know you will be able to do it. trust me i never thought that i would be able to drive 30 mins away from house ever again, but i did. as the years were passing i really thought that this was how i was gonna live my life with limitations. i was beginning to just accept that this is the way things were gonna be forever. as time went by i kept thinking i am tired of depending on others taking me places, tired on not having freedom. i decidede right then and there that i was gonna do this and although i still have work on driving i feel like i can slowly get there. that means i will have freedom again and i'm excited about that! good luck!