Wow!

Share your successes with others

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Again, I truly believe that getting the negatives down on paper, and replacing them, is key to all of this. This seems to be the only way to "clear them out" of your mind. Otherwise, they will just keep swimming around in there. At least that has been my recent experience (and also seems to be backed up by multiple relevant/respected authors).

Just wanted to say that I'm not trying to diminish in any way the importance of the entire program. I, like many others on here, have acquired countless life skills from the program. In fact, I think that learning these life lessons just makes it easier to do the negative thought replacement. Without them, you would likely struggle more with this exercise (as I did). As one poster mentioned, it just seems so counter-intuitive. I kept asking "Why do they want me to focus on and dig up all of these negative thoughts??. I thought I was supposed to be thinking positive??" I guess this is just the way the cognitive reconditioning/reprogramming part of the therapy works. To replace a habitual negative thought with something else, you obviously must identify the thing to be replaced. It does make some sense..

Good luck!

PS. In case you're still wondering what TEA forms are, please check the post over on the "Book Club" forum, regarding the book "Been There, Done That? Do This!".