Trip to Colorado from Indiana!!

Share your successes with others
Ms. Hopeful

Post by Ms. Hopeful » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Hello everyone! I just had to share this story of triumph! We (husband, kids and I), just traveled from Indiana to Colorado Springs, Co. That is a day and a half of traveling in a car with two kids!!

The reason this is such a triumph for me as I have been struggling with panic and agoraphobia to the point that I didn't want to even go to towns close to my home but that would put be farther from my comfort zone of the hospitals or my house. When we first left, I was so ready to tell my husband to turn around and go back home for the first hour, but I pushed through and this was also with a massive two day headache!! I even drove for about an hour as my husband's eyes were getting tired!!! Major for me!!! :D

I just wanted to encourage others to keep pressing forward - one step at a time. This was a BIG one but I am so glad I took it.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Tammy

I am very proud of you! It's A big deal to go on a long stretch of drive like that. You did great :D
I am glad the weather is nice for you guys while you are here :cool: Way to go!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 am

How Wonderful Ms Hopeful!!! Didn't it make you feel good inside that you accomplished this feat?
I sure hope so, because each step we walk out of anxiety, the less anxiety we have. And the best part, You were able to enjoy your family on a trip!! Good for YOU!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:51 am

A :)W :D E :p S :cool: O :) M :D E !!!!!!

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I've had a few bumps in the road while here - but coming through! And, YES, NellyL, it did make me feel good inside to accomplish this. Thank you all!!!

BTW Jill, the weather has been beautiful!