agoraphobics there is hope!

Share your successes with others
Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:09 pm

Wow...I've also had my agoraphobia, anxiety and depression for 14 years and I can definately relate to the despair.

Sounds like you had made a strong committment to start moving forward and putting this into your heart with no other option. Even despite the negative feed back from your family which i'm sorry about.

You mention about your first step being trusting God and this helping you alot. Well with myself, I started this program 4 years ago and I got alot out of it but there was still alot more unresolved and this huge block and fear. My feeling was that I had to do everything myself and that i'm the only one. That was soooooooo depressing and then I did a full body cleanse and during this cleanse I started to develop more spiritually and I was starting to accept the idea of a higher power. In my class we were being taught to trust this higher power but I could accept it before the cleanse. After I accepted it, I let it in more and more and things became easier to do, my anxiety became less and I felt more secure and less afraid. I can't say i'm 100% better yet but i'm moving along quite well like yourself. Also it is like the steps i have to take are coming before me as I go along now too...Don't you notice this as well?

Like fearnot says, push forward. Trust in whatever faith you have and trust that it'll give you the things you need to in order to overcome your burdens.

Mike

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:50 am

I'm definitly inspired, thank you so very much for sharing. I'm in session 3, working really hard and I found myself having negative thoughts and I got discouraged. Reading this has helped me feel better and hopeful. pinkeetoz

Faith_TX

Post by Faith_TX » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Anyone had any sucess yet overcoming their fear of flying, or just going on a flight. Trying to give some advice to my clients. Have a sight called : <A HREF="http://www.flyinganxiety.com" TARGET=_blank>http://www.flyinganxiety.com</A>
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
~~ Ronald Reagan

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 am

fearnot I can totally relate, as I am agoraphobic and suffer with panic attacks. I have only been house bound for two weeeks one time, because. I have to run the house and that included groceries, etc. so i had to go out even though the feelings were so uncomfortable . I would love to chat with you but I can't figure out how to do a Pm. If you know how and would like to chat please let me know, as I also get the off balance stuff and it is so uncomfortable, thanks

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:19 am

hello i just have one question, i am agoraphobic to and haven't been anywhere in over a year now. When you started leaving the did you have panic attacks in the car like you couldnt get to far away from your house????

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:07 am

ya that is normal, try driving 1/2 mile,turning around and coming back and be proud of your accomplishements. then keep adding distance. It is so hard, but you just need to take the step outside and go, you don't want to be a prisoner of your home, too much out there to see. The symptoms will be uncomfortable, but you can handle them. Good Luck!

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:36 am

ty but i can't drive yet i go riding with my mom everyday or my husband and they try to push me when i tell them to turn around they want to go further and its drives me into panic. then i get scared to try again but i do it anyway, and sometimes i can go further than other times and they tell me im regressing instead of progressing.

valwulf

Post by valwulf » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:15 am

good day!!!!!

anyone who is TRYING is NOT regressing. it's wonderful that you are getting out with your mother or husband every day! you say you're not driving YET, but maybe you could try? just back out of the driveway. when you succeed in doing that - and you will - drive down the block. when you're behind the wheel of the car - you are the one in control.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:08 am

hi thx for the advise,, when i drive just next door to my house to my moms i'm ok but if i go a little further than that i have awful panic attacks i'm scared i'm going to go off in a ditch or something this is difficult for me

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:54 pm

WD_WOMAN None of those thing will happen! I know the fear is so hard and those thoughts seem so real, like they will happen. Again, they won't!! It's all just part of the anxiety. I know you can do it! I have been able to drive around my apartment complex and up the street!! I was scared but on other days I felt so damn good! Even if I didn't go as far or as long as I wanted I still did it! :D Be good to yourself!