What helped me make a 180 degree change in my life.

Share your successes with others
JR5

Post by JR5 » Tue May 26, 2009 8:34 am

Originally posted by mollymae2:
i just ordered the book. what is a wrist counter. i went to the web page. i understand that writing, but what does wrist counting come in
It is just a counter you click off on your wrist that goes up by one each time you click it. Kinda like the thing some ticket takers at events click off whenever someone goes through their turnstile.
You use it to help catch your thoughts that cause anxiety or to record all the things you accomplish in a day. The latter one really helps me change my focus from what I have not done in a day to all the things I have done and that lifts my mood whenever I use it.

HeatherTh

Post by HeatherTh » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:40 am

Amazon wants over $100 for this book and that's out of my price range. My local used book store does not have it so does anyone else have a cheaper alternative? Thanks.

Bees4me

Post by Bees4me » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:11 am

Grace777,
Please share your story with me. I am on week 3 of the program, which for me is a triumph in itself. I am determined to see the whole program through, but I could use the viewpoint of someone who has already been there. I don't want to cuss or fight or talk about sex. I want to talk about getting better. Thanks for what you wrote already...
Leslie

WW

Post by WW » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:40 am

Heather it is a good book and I do recommend it, but I wouldn't pay $100 for it as that is almost a dollar a page! Wonder why they charge so much for it?

WW

Post by WW » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:41 am

Originally posted by egriff:
Heatherth, You can get a new copy for about $16 through the books on-line website www.tao3.com
Weird amazon is charging so much for used copies. Are you sure it is the same book?
Good thought, maybe it is not the same book. That would make more sense!

egriff

Post by egriff » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:12 pm

I bet it was the wrong book. I loved your comment about it being nearly a dollar a page for a used book lol.

Paula Stotts

Post by Paula Stotts » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:10 am

Hey grace777,

Sometimes the chat room gets off the reason we are here but I have been on a lot lately and there is a great group of people in there now. They are very supportive and most of the time the subject is anxiety and how we can help each other. I encourage you to try again. I hope I see you in chat. LOL Paula
Originally posted by Grace777:
Hi,

I think this forum was for triumphs and I would like to share mine with the group. I used to be anxious everyday. I had panic attacks and could not leave home at times. I could NOT travel. I kept a knotted up stomach and worried about everything. I had obsessived scary thoughts about *******. Little by little I read books got stronger in my faith (Christian). And I feel like I was lead down the path to wholeness. I got Lucinda's program and worked through it and did some Recovery.Inc. meetings which both of these helped tremendously. I can now say that I worry only on occasion, no panics and can travel alone or with others. I do what I want to do and if I feel nervous about something I remember my tools and do it anyway. O really love life and enjoy everyday. I would love to share with others what I have learned but when you go in chat its not about getting better most of the time. Its about cussing and fighting with one another and talking about sex and such as that. Some people in there are very nice and in there for real help the others just distract from others getting the help they need. Its very sad but a fact.
Sandra
Paula J. Stotts

Robert perrette

Post by Robert perrette » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:34 am

im so happy too hear success stories,i was very skeptical with the program,im going on week 5, session 5, and things were going good until yesterday and evening,it all came back,my paranoia,my anger,then my depression this morning,the difference was instead of throwing something,cursing,breaking things, punching walls,being short with my wife.and sitting in my own misery.i didnt blame anyone,especially god,whom i always blamed.i gave him permission too take over the situation,and even though it took a night and part of the morning,it passed.and a night is better than the lifetime ive struggled with this stuff.i put the coaching tape in, and started too journal,and now im on here too share with you wonderful people.thank god,change is good.

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 am

Way to go Robert that is awesome that you are working things out and in a way that is more pleasant ;)
I love the Triumphs thread it always motivates me when I come in here. Thanks for sharing
Bless you

Jill~

KDlady

Post by KDlady » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:06 am

Robert,

That is SO great! I just smiled when I read it. When you recognize all the junk for what it is and get through it, that truly makes the "victory" sweeter; it helps us to not be so hard on ourselves, which is a key to healing. Good for you!!!