ALCOHOL CRAVINGS PLEASE HELP ME

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
HAPPYTOBEME

Post by HAPPYTOBEME » Thu May 15, 2008 4:11 am

YOU ALL ARE THE BEST.THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT!!! :)

Julene G.

Post by Julene G. » Tue May 20, 2008 5:52 pm

You're not alone. I'm sittng here tonight on my computer drinking a vodka/soda. I'm not sure if I'm an alocoholic or not, it's a day to day thing. I justed started session 3 of the program yesterday (I've ben really god at sticking with the program so far) & my husband told me today that he is seeing a difference in me. He never says anything when I have a drink: beer, wine , etc. Sometimes I drink a lot & sometimes only have one or two. I think getting off medication at this point is most important. I just handle it one day at a time. Guilt is my major issue cuz I feel the need to do what others expect of me.I'm starting to think I need to do it my way & at my own pace. I mostly drink at home, no threat to others.. I suffer from insomnia & some times 1 or 2 helps me sleep.So far, it hasn't taken control of me, & with this program I hope to progress to the point when I need no drugs or alcohol, I'm just not there yet. Everything worth doing comes in it's own good time! Just pace yourself, don't feel guilty, have faith! We're only human afterall! Good luck to you!

Julene G.

Don57

Post by Don57 » Tue May 20, 2008 6:42 pm

Guilt is my major issue cuz I feel the need to do what others expect of me.I'm starting to think I need to do it my way & at my own pace.
Julene,

Not only yes, but HELL YEAH!! lol. Been there done that for close to 50 years of my life. [dependent on others for my self-esteem] Healthy self-esteem comes from within us, not from outside of us [pleasing others and favorable circumstances]. Do seek your way at your own pace. Anything else is insanity.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger, the smarter, the faster hand; But sooner or later the person who wins is the one who thinks "I can." Author Unknown

http://dp19032k9.webs.com

Julene G.

Post by Julene G. » Tue May 20, 2008 7:43 pm

Hey Don57

Got your message! Thanks for your input! I do want to get better, fear is always in my way! I'm working on the poitive thoughts as I'm only on session 3. Hard to stop the mind from wandering...I try every day! My mom is dying from cancer & it seems to become my only reason to stay alive. Is that sick or what? I live in NM & she's in MT. I'll be going to ee her in 2 weeks. She was too ill to have her chemo this week. We are planning a 50th anniversary party on June 28th (real date is 2/16/08) but no one can get to Mt at that time. Her 2nd sister is dying from another form of cancer right now. It's hard to think about a celabration at the doorstep to anothers death! I need to go home with a positive attitude & help my family out! I hope I'm strong enough to pull it off! I can be a good actor at times, but this will be my hardest role to date, that's why I joined the program.I sure hope it works?! Thanks for sharing your time with me!

Julene G.

Don57

Post by Don57 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:11 pm

I can be a good actor at times, but this will be my hardest role to date, that's why I joined the program.I sure hope it works?!
I suppose in this case, perhaps being cheerful is a good idea and trying to be strong. But acting in general was why I became sick. Not able to be "me" but putting on a face of what I perceived others wanted. It's a painful way to live. We lose touch with our very selves in the process. I hope the program helps you get in touch with who you are and you begin to live that. It will bring healing to you. Good luck. God bless and take care of your Mom and aunt, and you.
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger, the smarter, the faster hand; But sooner or later the person who wins is the one who thinks "I can." Author Unknown

http://dp19032k9.webs.com

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”