Do I REALLY need to do session 11?

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
Jocie22

Post by Jocie22 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:14 pm

I have been dealing with anxiety disorders for awhile and know whether or not I would need to go on any medication. Also, I was on Xanax for a few months and with the help of this program have been able to completely eliminate it. So why would I need to listen to this program about taking an anti depressant? I know I dont need one and even if someone prescribed them to me I wouldnt take it, I just dont want to use it.

Im on a roll with my progress and I feel like this session is stopping me and throwing negative stimuli in my face.

I dont have an alcohol problem either. So ya I dont know if I should do this session. Any thoughts? I know we arent supposed to skip sessions but its like session 1 and I know alot about hte medications already

ErinLT

Post by ErinLT » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:49 pm

I feel like since this is a self-help program, it is self-customizable too. If you feel like it will not help at all, and you are already familiar with antidepressants, you will be fine to skip it. I think the rest of the weeks are important and teach life skills, but week 11 might not be necessary for you. Don't do it if you don't want to, skip ahead. It is mostly to educate people who are not familiar with prescription treatment for their anxiety. You will be fine, you probably know what is best for you in this program.

Belinda333

Post by Belinda333 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:08 pm

I also know about meds, but I would do this lesson just to refresh myself and possibly learn something new. It only takes a week to do and could be quite beneficial for future references. For example, helping somebody also trying to recover.

:DGood Luck

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”