ZOLOFT OR ADIPEX

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
JCOOKGIRL

Post by JCOOKGIRL » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:10 am

Hello everyone... I have been on Zoloft for about 2 1/2 months. the first month I took it I was noticing that it didnt give me any side effects which is great. Before I have been on numerous antidepressants the last one was lexapro and i put on 30 pounds. we were trying these for pmdd. So I tried zoloft just hoping trying to lose weight impossible so about 3 weeks ago dr precribed me adipex. well i am starting to be depressed crying all the time flying off the handle. i just cant stand anyone so I am losing some weight but I dont know if it is the zoloft or adipex.. anyone every experienced this?? I DONT KNOW WEATHER TO GO OFF THE ZOLOFT CAN IT MAKE YOU WORSE?

Pauly J

Re: ZOLOFT OR ADIPEX

Post by Pauly J » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:54 am

It sounds to me that you were doing fine with the Zoloft, until you introduced the Adipex! It may be due to the Adipex that you are feeling these new symptoms of depression! To be honest, I never even heard of Adipex, but since you have been doing fine with the Zoloft prior to the Adipex, it does sound like the Adipex may be the cause! Of course, you want to speak with your doctor about this so that he can make the necessary adjustments for you! Once he does, you will start to feel better once again! Take care!

pauly j

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”