Quiting smoking with anxiety?

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
scaredxtoxdeath

Quiting smoking with anxiety?

Post by scaredxtoxdeath » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi, I am struggling a lot with quitting smoking while dealing with anxiety. Has anyone else on here quit smoking while dealing with constant anxiety and depression? I swear it is too difficult to do!!! I have been trying off and on now for a year. I am now trying again. Today is day two. I feel like I can deal with regular stress, agruments, pressure, etc...and be okay. But when it comes to be anxious and having panic attacks I just go right back to smoking because I loose all will power.
I have been trying to quit because I have been having severe chest pains in my lungs. It comes and goes. I have been to the ER 3 times now and to my doctor over a dozen but no one will actually help me. So I figured if I quit smoking it will help. Because when I smoke the pain gets worse (and no Im not a hypocondriac, or however you spell that) I have been having real pain and therefore it just adds to my already terrible anxiety because I am worried it could be something serious. I really want to quit but the anxiety and panic attacks ruin it for me, and I don't know how to deal with them without smoking! help!

merta

Re: Quiting smoking with anxiety?

Post by merta » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am

Hello I am new to this but I quit several times before i could finally do it. I have been able to do it now for 7 days. I quit the 13th of November and I had 1/2 one yesterday and i was so dizzy and almost fell over and so nauseated . I am not going to smoke again even a little drag of one. So I quess i have quit. I also had a stomach ache when I smoked it. So it is hard but you can do it. Also ask for spiritual help. Also I want to say one thing also not smoking will help so mich with your anxiety.

Martha

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”