Zoloft-has anyone experienced this?

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
Bluesboy63

Post by Bluesboy63 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:42 am

I recently was prescribed Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks. I was on Lexapro a few years ago and got off of it since I was feeling much better and wanted to try and manage my symptoms on my own which worked for a couple of years. My attacks worsened recently so I decided to try meds again. I started with a 25mg dose of Zoloft. I took it one time, in the morning. That night I woke up about 1:00AM out of a dead sleep with the WORST panic attack of my life. Now've had these issues since I was 5 years old and I'm now 45 and I've never experienced anything like this. I can't even explain it. I was almost paralyzed. I managed to get up and walk to the bathroom and almost passed out before I could get back into bed then had nausea the rest of the night and the entire next day. It scared the crap out of me so I didn't take another dose. Maybe this was coincedence? Has anyone else on Zoloft experienced this?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:54 am

I know this is a bit late, but I did have a lot of side effects when I started zoloft. I did not wake up with panic attacks, but they did seem to get worse for a few weeks and I was nauseated for three weeks after I started the drug. All the side effects did eventually go away. I hope this helps and you found something different to help you. Good luck!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:25 pm

So this is way late but just to let everyone know I have been on different meds before. Am now taking zoloft it took about 8 weeks for it to fully kick in but it's been great the only side effect is weight gain for me but I will say in the begining i was sick feeling for a few weeks so I guess that is another side effect

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:53 am

I'm not able to take Zoloft. It gave me extreme night terrors and I would wake up in an puddle of sweat paralyzed by fear and anxiety. Lexapro worked wonders for me. Meds are different for each person though. I have a friend that takes Zoloft with no problems but Lexapro did nothing for her.

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”