Medication issues

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
Jb48

Medication issues

Post by Jb48 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:25 am

Before starting this program, I went to the doctor for symptoms that I didn't know were panic attacks (e.g. Hives, feeling light headed, etc.). The dr. prescribed me a generic form of celexa. I only took this medication for four days and it gave me worse panic attacks to the point that the anxiety was continual, I couldn't go to work for a week as a result. It took five days for the medication to get out of my system. Has anyone had this experience with this medication or other antidepressants? I have heard that these types of medications are antidepressants but Dr's prescribe them for anxiety anyway. I would eventually like to get on medication, but with my previous experience, I don't know if I can try different medications in case they have the same side effects.

After my medication issue I began this program and it has helped relieve some of my symptoms. I have also visited a holistic Practitioner who gave me L-Theanin and 5-HTP. These two supplements have really helped so far. Has anyone else tried these?

Are there any vitamins that anyone would recommend for anxiety?

hkchii

Re: Medication issues

Post by hkchii » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 pm

I've never been on any kind of anxiety medication, but for a while I took vitamin b12 and noticed a pretty big difference.

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”