Pleasantly Surprised and Encouraged

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
NeverQuit

Pleasantly Surprised and Encouraged

Post by NeverQuit » Sun May 22, 2011 10:36 am

I haven't ever been on medication for my anxiety, nor do I drink alcohol, but I did take the depression assessment that was in my workbook for this session (I have an older workbook), and I was pleasantly surprised to see that my depression has lowered over the last 11 weeks! I had started the program again around 6 months ago, and at that time, my depression was moderate, and it had consistenly been that any time that I had taken the evaluation any time I picked up the program. I'm sure it has gradually declined since I originally started working on my anxiety, but I was very happy to see that it is now "mild." And that is even after ending a bad relationship that I was in.

My encouragement to everyone doing the program is to keep on plugging along!! The benefits are so great, you don't want to miss out. Be patient with yourself. It's about having a healthier, happier, more productive you who is able to follow their dreams and try and fail and make mistakes but still keep up the fight! We are already fighters - look at what we put up with every day with our own mental garbage! Don't give up, keep at it, do the work, rise up to the challenge even when it doesn't feel right, and you WILL see benefits.

Praying for all of us!

mcshope

Re: Pleasantly Surprised and Encouraged

Post by mcshope » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Good for you :D

mramirez10

Post by mramirez10 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:59 pm

That is encouraging! Thank you never quit.

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:24 pm

That is wonderful to hear! I agree, I'm definitely doing better than when I first started here! Yippee! :D Paislee :mrgreen:

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”