GoodDays Vitamins

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
PeeWee

Post by PeeWee » Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:22 am

Has anyone tried these vitamins offered from StressCenter? I was just wondering if I should give them a try?

Diane B

Post by Diane B » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:50 pm

I used the 1-month supply that came as an add-on to the program. For me, they didn't make me feel any better or different. Now I am taking the regular Kirkland (Costco) brand multi-vitamn along with Kirkland B-50 Formula. I have noticed some added engery in the past week. I think it might all depend upon the individual.

PeeWee

Post by PeeWee » Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:24 am

Thanks so much for your reply. There are so many choices for vitamins out there!
Good luck in your recovery.

happynow

Post by happynow » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:11 pm

You can get vitamins anywhere but let me share something interesting. I spent hundreds if not thousands on vitamins my nutrionist sold me and said I needed. I was okay with that. I believe vitamins are good and can help for some. This was several years ago. Well, about a month ago, I was feeling tired and asked my doctor if I might be needing vitamins (I dont' take any at all). He's told me time and time again, most people don't as we get them from the food we eat (as we've been told forever) and that we dispose of what our body doesnt' need anyway but to be sure he sent me to the lab to get a blood test on all my vitamins. I didn't even know there was such a test or I would have done it years ago when I spent all my money and made my nutrionist rich. So, my tests came back and he showed me.........all my vitamins levels were perfect. Again , mind you...I dont' take vitamins. I saw the tests and my percentages for all of the them including folic acid,etc that I had sufficient amounts in my body......So, although I can respect StressCenter for offering the choice of this product, they're also a business that must make a profit to survive. If you're not sure if you need them, go get a blood test and find out for yourself.

amethyst98.

Post by amethyst98. » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:43 pm

To expand on what Brigitte is saying, because it is an important point, here is some information on the subject.

There are specific biochemical tests for different nutrients and there are different methods that are used together to help determine a patient�s nutrient status. Please read the following links, if interested, for a description of nutritional assessment:
<A HREF="http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/ ... 1-001-0031" TARGET=_blank>http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/ ... 01-0031</A>
<A HREF="http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/tables/1tb6.jsp" TARGET=_blank>http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanual/ ... tb6.jsp</A>
(The links are from The Merck Manual, a highly respected medical textbook)
As you can see in the previous links, there are several methods used to determine nutritional status, since a single test is not fully conclusive. The following information from Whitney & Rolfes in Understanding Nutrition helps explain this point:
�The interpretation of biochemical data requires skill. ...No single test can reveal nutrition status because many factors influence test results. ...Taken together with other assessment data, however, laboratory results help to make a total picture that becomes clear with careful interpretation.�
Whitney & Rolfes also state that: �Laboratory tests used to assess vitamin and mineral status are particularly useful when combined with diet histories and physical findings. Vitamin and mineral levels present in the blood and urine sometimes reflect recent rather than long-term intakes. This makes detecting subclinical deficiencies [a nutrient deficiency in the early stages before outward signs have appeared] difficult. Furthermore, many nutrients interact; therefore the amounts of other nutrients in the body can affect a lab value for a particular nutrient. It is also important to remember that nonnutrient conditions influence biochemical measures.�

Most people do not have deficiencies and deficiences do not develop overnight. They take a significant amount of time to develop and there is a fairly larger buffer zone between the amount of vitamin/mineral recommended and the line between just enough and a true deficiency.

Supplements are a big business and it is important to analyze what claims are being made and whether there is solid evidence to back up the claims.

Hope this is interesting and helpful.

REFERENCES
Whitney, Eleanor Noss & Rolfes, Sharon Rady (1996). Understanding Nutrition. St. Paul, MN: West Publishing Company.

Emma Hawkins Myers

Post by Emma Hawkins Myers » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:30 am

I would like to order vitamins. I sent back the ones that was given to me

Emma Hawkins Myers

Post by Emma Hawkins Myers » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:32 am

Yes I tried them, they are great

Prv31Mom

Post by Prv31Mom » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:25 am

I was taking a super B Complex for depression per the recommendations of my OBGYN - and it seemed to help. When I got the sample pack from here, I stopped those vitamins and started taking those. For me, personally, they really help. I don't have the ups and downs that I did with just the B Complex...plus all of the other suplements in the Good Days (fish oil, etc.) are helpful too. Who know though - it could be purely psychological! But it works for me!!! :)

Best wishes,
Dawn

martha sadler

Post by martha sadler » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:30 pm

:cool: :) PeeWee Hi I have been the Good Days Vitimins for almost 2 months and I feel very good. I feel better and much more engery. If you have not got them you should think about it. Martha

Mystikal1231

Post by Mystikal1231 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:23 am

when I 1st got them I did not want to take them. I'm kind of scared I guess of taking medicines and vitamins etc... after doing some research though it doesn't appear to have any side effects.

These aren't "vitamins" per say. This I beleive is just more of a natural remedy so to say, to assist in areas we tend to have more trouble with... like tiredness... :)

I have found them to be helpful. They do seem to help with my energy levels. I've noticed also since taking them that I don't seem to have the ups and downs that I use to.

maybe it's just in my mind. But I'm going to keep at it. Will probably look around to see if I can find anything similar with the same items in it.
** How can you give love to others, or recieve love of others - if you can not 1st love yourself? **

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”