Trying not to feel like a failure--back on Zoloft

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
luckyme

Post by luckyme » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:32 am

I was doing great for the past couple of years and now anxiety has dumped on me big time. I've given up. I've got to go back on Zoloft again and do this F$%^&%^&* recovery crap alllllllll over. Really pisses me off. OK...I just had to get it out.
Books:
What to say when you talk to your self--Shad Helmstetter.
Get Out of Your Own Way--Mark Goulston

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:37 am

Aww don't worry sweety it happens to the best of us! You'll get right back on that horse and conquer it again.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:51 am

I am in that position right now. I don't want to hand in the towell and go back on medication. My happiness is manufactured in my eyes if i am on meds. I am having really bad anxiety and am depressed today and i don't know if i am going to call my doctor for a new presription. i feel like i am gonna be a failure if i go back on meds.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:10 pm

remember that taking medicine is not just a stop gap measure for all of us.
I was on Prozac for a long time, but decided to go off since I didn't feel the need to take it.
After a month of being off, I realized there was no way I would be able to handle ME without some sort of medicine. It was hard to accept at first, but since I have been a chronic depressive all my life (yes, even as a child!), I decided it was easier to take the meds and feel better than to feel horrible all the time.

You should call your doc. and get back on meds.
You are no where near a failure by going back on to them. I just think some of us need the extra chemicals that are missing in our systems.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:25 am

I was on 75 mg of Effexor for 7 years. It is pretty strong and effects both dopamine and sorotonin. It worked very well but I was lethargic and unenvolved life. I lowered my dose until I was off and I did ok but slowly the anxiety became too much. I chose to get back on medication for the sake of my family. I spoke to my pharmacist and MD and found something that would take the edge off without changing who I am. I am taking 30 mg of Citalopram and doing very well. I still have trouble dealing with somethings but I like that because I can still use the program to learn how to deal with things without losing it completely. I plan, as I improve, to eventually get off this med to.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:26 pm

:mad:Yes I the same thing is happening I was off my Zoloft then got on it to keep the situation under control.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 am

I went back on Prozac last week. I hated to but like someone said, if it helps, use it. I hope I can get back into the sessions since I got stuck on 8 last summer.

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”