Gum chewing?

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
stacy08

Post by stacy08 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:01 pm

I'm not on any medication any more and I don't self-medicate with alchol or drugs, but during the this couse I've noticed that I manage my anxiety with gum chewing. Now I would like to stop this habit. Does anyone else do this?

Carolyn Dickman

Post by Carolyn Dickman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Hey Stacy, I do it all the time, or I have mints.(Tic-Tacs) Always something. I wish I could stop, too. I feel like I need them with me in case of an anxios moment. Just recently I am getting better though. I am ALOT better than I was before!! But I still need something.(At least it's not a xanax!) Hang in there and have a Blessed Holiday Season!!

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:50 am

Stacy, I found myself doing the same thing. Ive been going through like a pack a week! I feel like a smoker!! But we have to look at the positive like Star said atleast its just silly candy and gum not no medicine. Think about it, everyone does these kinds of things to calm there nerves, (ie, bite their nails, twirl there hair, shake there knees) so we are no differnt from the rest :)

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”