The thin line of Perception

Gain an understanding of the various types of medications so you can make informed decisions on your long-term care.
MinnChad

Post by MinnChad » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:57 am

Because of my alcoholism I've kept myself down. I have no one to blame, it's my own fault. But something I've noticed again and again, and even more so now that I'm in this program is that drinking causes me to step over the line where I either have or don't have control of my thoughts.

It's a simple observation, but also a very powerful one. Like Dr. Fischer said in Session 11, people simply should not drink when using this program. I think for now, I'll take a long break from consuming alcohol until I reach a point where I feel like I'm recovered from anxiety and depression.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:14 am

I would think that if someone is depressed or prone to depression that alcohol would NEVER be a good idea to consume.

I figured out very early in my life that I was depressed and that if I consumed any alcohol I would quickly submerge myself in it. I have not had any alcohol for 26 years and I feel it has allowed me to make the progress towards overcoming my anxiety.

I will never touch the stuff - why add one more thing to overcome? I think you are making a wise decision and will find progress as you face the learning that is in front of you head-on!!

Well done!!

Return to “Session 11 - Medication and Alcohol”