DENICE'S PROGRAM FOR CAUSING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:36 am

Great one Mary! I wear a mask because i'm a Ninja

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:48 am

This is awesome! I can't remember laughing so hard after reading some of the posts.

So here's my two cents (forgive me if I repeat something - I haven't been through all 16 pages yet...)

1) Do all of your personal banking on a cell phone in a public place. Be sure to loudly use your name, account number, and social security number as many times as possible.

2) Leave the coffee pot on when you go to work. How else will you know that if the auto-off feature works?

3) When feeling dizzy from panicking, start spinning around in circles. If you still feel dizzy, then spin the other way. It has to be one of the two!

4) While out driving, stop off at as many banks as possible and use the drive-though window. Send notes through the pneumatic tubes looking for tellers willing to talk. Make a map of the "safe banks" for your next drive.

5) When panicking at the grocery store, go to the paper towel aisle and make a fort with the packages of paper towels and climb inside. If an employees asks what you are doing, tell them to go away, you are are in your phobic nest.

6) Make a T-shirt that says you have panic attacks, has your name, has the phone numbers of all your safe people, and has instructions "in case of emergency". Wear this shirt whenever you go outside.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:16 pm

Those were amazing and no none of them were in the 16 pages.

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:44 pm

I try my best! BTW, I've really thought about doing the paper towel one...

JB

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Note to self
Buy t-shirt for my Incase of Emergency contact names and numbers
Remember the paper towel Isle if I get anxious at the store...

triple love these!!!

J~
:)

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:37 pm

Well heck, maybe I can work from home by selling "in case of emergency" t-shirts! Thanks for the kudos, Jill.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:46 am

SeaRunner,
Thanks for putting in your 2 cents, really gave me a good laugh! Paper towel fort, Phobic nest, Good one!
Very funny!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Thanks, Russ. I've got to be honest though. I originally heard the phrase "phobic nest" in a class I took years ago for agoraphobics. I thought the mental image of a phobic nest was so funny that it always stuck with me. I pictured myself curled up in fetal position on something soft - might as well be paper towels!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:10 am

Searunner, what you added were hilarious LOL!!! And you're right...how else are we gonna know whether the auto-off feature works on a coffee machine if we dont leave it on hahahaha!!!

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:01 pm

Why stop with a fort? There are many people with the same problems, you need to make a papertowel empire! Just make sure nobody smokes indoors.

Mike aka Ninjafrodo

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”