DENICE'S PROGRAM FOR CAUSING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:23 pm

Ask the person sitting behind you on the bus who is whispering into their phone to please lower their voice. tell everyone around you you are practicing your assertive skills.
or better yet ask the person next to you who is not smoking to stop smoking because you are practicing assertiveness.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:26 am

This sounds like fun!

One of my pet anxieties has been about accidentally cracking off a fart in
public and being roundly humiliated
and shamed by all within range. Then
as Fate (one incredibly funny girl) would
have it I ran across some videos on YouTube
of a young man using a small hand held device
called humorously enough "The Pooter" to deliver the most realistic fart sounds
one could imagine. Following the old recipe
for all "Candid Camera" shows he would
visit large public places and videotape the reactions of those who thought they heard what they did. I laughed until I hurt. It was amazing
just how people would avoid doing or saying anything until they were out of view, then burst out laughing, comment or complain.

Armed with one of these deliciously evil devices
I milled around in one of our local Wal-Marts and did the same as the YouTube presenter.
It really is amazing how people react. Or not.
I sometimes walk with a cane, so stern rebuke has yet to be vented upon me, but I've seen a lot of red faces and suppressed laughter,and even a few looks of disgust.

I think next time I'll wear my kilt. And check out the ladders.

a fellow traveler

Icarus

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:22 am

Oh dear god, I would love to see the reactions of your fart machine while you are wearing a kilt. It's really intresting we get so afraid that people are going to call us out for certain things like that but it's usually the opposite. They say nothing as they feel embarassed or don't want to hurt the other person.

mike

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:00 am

Good grief, you guys have been at this thread for three and a half years!

Okay, I've always wanted to do "face-ups" at the stop light. Pull up to the stop light and make the most sorrowful frown you can to the car on the left. Then turn to the car on the right and make the most enticing sexual grin you can. Go back and forth until the light turns green, then floor it and leave the two cars staring at each other.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Sparky..That would be funny haha

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:38 am

Best thread on the forums!!!! Bump!

Mike

Toni Louise

Re: DENICE'S PROGRAM FOR CAUSING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION

Post by Toni Louise » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:44 am

yesterday I purposely stopped at a party store. I purchased 7 pair ofreally thick goofy glasses and three pair of Groucho Marx glasses and two fake dog turds. I took these to my twin granddaughters birthday party. First thingI did wasplace the fake dog turds. There are two dogs inthe house. My grandson found the first one. He eventually came out of the bathroom carrying the turd and laughing. I thne had all 7 grandchildren wear the goofy glasses for a family portrait, t

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:14 pm

Very funny, Toni!

mbd

Post by mbd » Sun May 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Try something new, and when you aren't perfect at it immediately get really frustrated and angry with yourself and then give up! Oh and then don't forget to take out your frustration on someone else, preferably a close friend or relative - they love dealing with your mood swings!

Froggie

Post by Froggie » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:48 pm

....easy. Just Google every single ache and pain that you or your kids have.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”