DENICE'S PROGRAM FOR CAUSING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:33 am

Also..
make sure that when you have scary obsessive thoughts about hurting someone or yourself that you tell them about it so they can reassure you over and over agin that your ok!!!!

When you feel like you are taking shallow breaths, concetrate more on your breathing so that it really makes you freak out

Anticipate your vacations or anything that your worried about doing with extreme apprehension and always imagine the worst case scenerio!!

Don't enjoy the present precious moment, alwasy live in the past or future!!

this is hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will think of more soon!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:48 am

Remember when you were a kid and you loved going on the spinning rides? You can have that same fun as an adult. See how fast you can get your mind to go (and NO, don't try and jump out of the circular thinking). If you get going fast and long enough you may even throw up. Gather a couple of friends and make a contest of it...who can keep their thoughts spinning the longest?

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:06 pm

:p And what about all these kids with these blasted bumping radios going down the street. Each beat makes your nerve ending stand up and sing!

Gman5256

Post by Gman5256 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:10 pm

Its been awhile since i added to this thread...luv cats...thats just awesome. I read a few of them and got some ideas.

When going for the interview of any job...ask them if they will assign you a "safe person" but only do this when you get a sure sign that your about to be hired.

When planning a vacation make sure you take a few months in advance to determine every negative senario that you can possibly come up with and make sure you share this with everybody you plan to take the trip with so you can freak them out too.

Dress up as Santa for Halloween and Dress up as something scary for Christmas.

Write down all the positive thoughts you have and replace them with negative self defeating thoughts.

and When you start to feel overwhelmed just reassure yourself how bad of a person you are and go over all the failures you've ever done.

Oh and i also wanted to say that i liked the bit about not enjoying the prescious moment and you should live in the past.
All for His praise, glory and the joy it gives Him.

Hugs, In His Love >:D<

Gman9259
"He who dwells in the secret place of the most
high shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"

Post by Guest » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:41 pm

This was by far my all time favorate thread...whenever you guys are feeling down just check out the comments on this thread...there's 14 pages worth.

Make sure your diet only consists of fruit juices, candy, chocolate and icecream

Leave no time inbetween tasks because who wants to take their time?

When you get a scary thought...go play truth or dare and make someone else act the thought out.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:42 am

I <span class="ev_code_RED">LOVE</span> sarcasm and this strand is sharp with wit!!! I don't have anything to add right now, but give me a couple of months so I can get it "just perfect" before posting.<span class="ev_code_RED">;*)</span>

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:20 am

What you talking about Fischee...You just contributed....

When planning something make sure you do it absolutely perfect...there is no room for mistakes...check it once, recheck it again and again from the day you planned it to the actual day...keep in mind you must plan it at least 1 month in advance

lilsismj

Post by lilsismj » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:11 pm

Stand in front of a window in a bad thunderstorm and as watching the lightening say to yourself over and over "I just know those of us with anxiety draw this kind of electrical charge toward us and if there is anyone it would strike in their bed it would be me." Then try to go to bed and sleep.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:28 pm

yes i like that one Mary

I'd like to add that you should eat lots of foods full of iron and then obsess that it'll cause the lightning to strike you because you are more of a conductor.

Mike

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:04 pm

Good one. I'll have to remind myself to do that the next time a storm with lightening is on its way- oops, I mean when I'm think of something to add to the post here of course.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”