DENICE'S PROGRAM FOR CAUSING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:45 pm

After reading all these at least twice and realizing that I've done most of them I'm thinking - no wonder I scared the crap out of myself all those years. I gotta really laugh at myself now especially over the planning a vacation thing and freaking everyone else out. Hmmmm Now I know why no one wanted to go on vacation with me anymore. (or ever again as one person put it)

MEDCKristie27

Post by MEDCKristie27 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:47 pm

These are great!!!! I cant contribute because Im in my own head right now. :?

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:42 am

What a hoot! Laughter (and friendship) are the best medicines!

Dana Gann

Post by Dana Gann » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:38 am

Whenever you drop some food on the floor, scream and yell and curse and throw stuff around. Then, remind yourself what a Klutz you are and beat yourself up for not being perfect as everyone else is.

Whenever you don't get a call back from an interview, remind yourself that you are too old and they obviously called someone who told them not to hire you.

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Start to panic and what if think, causing yourself to start to hyperventalate. Then freak out and panic even more, wondering why you are all of a sudden dizzy!

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:40 am

When facing limitations make sure you plan them months in advance so you can give yourself enough time to have anticipatory anxiety, get as much coffee in you for the whole week before, DO NOT EXERCISE as this might actually make you feel better, make sure you get little to no rest and sleep and focus on how you have failed before in the past. Oh and make sure you disempower yourself as much as you can just before going out and going for it!

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:09 am

thanks for the advice, Mike! omgosh, thank God this thread is back!

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:22 pm

This is my favorate thread to date...By the way nice picture MC Grace.

Mike

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:03 pm

LOL...LOL....didn't realize we had this on here but now that i know, i just had to jump in on this hahaha....

when in the restroom, stand on the toilet, look over into the next stall and strike a conversation with the person whos in it then ask yourself over and over again - "whats wrong with me, why didn't she wanna talk to me...what did i do??"

at the superbowl get-together when everyone's all excited and jumping and cheering for their team, discreetly pop in your relaxation cd and calmly inform everyone to settle down and begin to visualize with you...

when watching a violent scene on tv in the safety of your own home, call 911 and report the "incident" you've just "witnessed," then check in on "youtube" a month later because your phone call will surely be added to the rest of the 911 "emergency" video clips....

break your one and only biscotti that you brought for breakfast to have with your coffee into 3 little pieces for you and 2 other coworkers then continually berate yourself for not buying a whole bag or 2 for the other 30 coworkers and continue to comfort yourself with the thought that they DO NOT LIKE YOU ANYMORE BECAUSE YOU DID NOT SHARE YOUR BISCOTTI....

....aaaaaaaww, i feel so at home now.....just kidding.....will think of more later....

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:18 am

energy

Yep this thread is like 2 years old. I liked it so much that I just had to bring it back.

The restroom one is sooooooo awesome!!!!!

LMAO Relaxation cd at the super bowl

Those were pretty good. You have alot of great creativity there.

Mike

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”