I actually laughed at myself yesterday

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
mrsunderstood

Post by mrsunderstood » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:30 am

Yesterday my husband and i went to the grocery store,he was trying to be funny in a sarcastic kind of way.On the jelly aisle he said Are we out of strawberry jam,I said no,and then he said Then why havent I had any on my plate for breakfast?I tried to ignore that comment.Then we got to the pickle aisle and he said Am I out of sweet pickles,and I said no.And he said well why havent I had any on my plate at dinner.This went on throughout the store.I finally turned to him and said And I suppose you think we are out of toilet paper too!! The look on his face was priceless I laughed throughout the store.I dont know when the last time was when i laughed,and it felt good.

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:58 am

Bet that made him quiet!!!! LOL

honeydew3

Post by honeydew3 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:42 am

Thanks for the funny story. I would have loved to see his face!

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:57 am

That was hilarious!!!
Sounds like the two of you had fun in the market!
It is so nice when we can be light and silly :)

Have a good day :)

Coco :)

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:31 pm

LOL thats Cute :D

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 pm

:D(lol) that's funny and talking about toilet paper just made me think of my puppies. I think laughter and animals can help you through anxiety or depression..this past 10 weeks has been stressful..my two dogs.. one is yorkshire terrier and miniature pincher and the other one is french bulldog and rotweiler somehow got together and had pups..nobody thought "little Rocky" would get "Big Diamond" pregnant but one day they comically got together..nine weeks later we had a litter of five pups..ten weeks later and alot of pounds of puppy poop(this is why the toilet paper reminded me of the pups)..the pups are doing great..and found good homes, but I'll never forget how comical it looked when trying to give all five pups a bath in our bathtub..they did not look forward to bathtime, but we had to wash them everyday because they would walk through the poop in the dog cage, even though we cleaned it everyday..one day I was giving them a bath and they all went down to the right end of the bath and put their paws on the edge of the bathtub..they looked so adorable just looking up at me..Where's a camera when you need one..Yeah it was alot of hard work, but actually taking care of them helped keep my mind off of my anxiety..I had a reason to get up each day and take care of my five little "babies"..This is a year I'll never forget. Rocky and Diamond are doing well and whenever I'm having a really bad anxiety attack, it's like Rocky knows, because he'll jump up on my lap and put his head up under my chin and Diamond will lay at my feet..hearing my cat purr helps too..I'ts like they understand. I love my animals :D

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:34 am

I'm glad I read your comment on laughing at yourself. I needed a laugh and that was a good one.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”