Comedy Movies

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Sat May 23, 2009 6:36 am

Your very welcome! Cornflower...Your right about the comedies there the best!
Like they say "Laughter is the best medicine".
I hope it will help your headache...no pun intended ;)...seriously..I do hope it helps.

Take-care and have a great Memorial weekend :)

Paisleegreen

Post by Paisleegreen » Sun May 24, 2009 10:29 am

I just thought of another great one. THE ODD COUPLE with Jack Lemmon and Walter Mathau.

Post by Guest » Sun May 24, 2009 11:57 am

Be sure and check out Overboard with Goldie Haun and Kirt Russel.

Post by Guest » Mon May 25, 2009 7:06 am

thanks for the suggestions

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2009 8:52 am

Wow. Good subject. Sorry I have not been around more but it's not easy getting on the www these days. I hope everyone is having a good day.
You have to find a movie named
"Scavenger Hunt" rofl funny
Also, all the old Pink Panther movies from the 70's and 80's.
Also a movie called "the gods must be crazy" is zanny but a little odd.
Spaceballs, Monty Python's Holy Grail, Spies Like Us, Money Pit, etc. etc.
I hope you find a million laughs.

Post by Guest » Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 am

Hi Don:
what are you doing these days. Glad you came on board for a hello.
It is good to see you.
Yes, the Money Pit was a riot.
There are a lot of funny ones out there and it is so good to laugh.
MJ

Post by Guest » Thu May 28, 2009 5:42 am

Hey Cornflower. Thanks for the shout. I am okay. I had to move in December and I was laid off the pizza job in January. In some ways, things are more bleak than they have been for me in a long time but I seem to be doing okay. I quit taking the Prozac and have not noticed any real effects. I cry very easily but then it goes away.
I still don't have internet at home but the college in town lets us use their library computers when students are not using them so that is cool.
Hope you friends are doing well. I hope to "come by" more often. Have a great day.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:38 pm

What great movie suggestions! Two movies that always make me laugh 'til tears are rolling down my face are "The In-Laws" (the original one with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin) and "My Man Godfrey" (1930s screwball comedy with Carole Lombard and William Powell). Comedy brings so much relief when we're feeling stressed.

Another excellent source of comedy is Old Time Radio programs. "The Jack Benny Show," "Fibber McGee and Molly," "Vic and Sade"...I listen to these shows when I go to bed, and it helps keep my mind focused on something fun and positive rather than racing around trying to find things to worry about. I fall asleep before I even hear the end of a show most of the time. OTR is wonderful!

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Some good suggestions. I love the old peter sellers pink panthers movies. Those are always funny. When I was a kid I peed my pants laughing so hard at them. I watched them a few years ago when I was going through hard times and they did help me forget my bad mood.

Some of my other favorites are Bridget Jones Diary, Happy Gilmore, Office Space, Clerks, Spaceballs, and although its not a movie, old Frazier episodes are great. You will see alot of humor about anxiety and see alot of things of Frazier that will make you laugh at youself.

Hope77

Post by Hope77 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 am

Originally posted by blueleaves:
"THE LONG, LONG TRAILER" with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez. Hysterical!
You got to love Lucielle Ball aand Dezi Arnez. Did you ever watch the episode The Candt Factory or when she is stomping on the grapes in Italy. This will make you laugh for sure.

I counldn't find your suggestion though. Any clue on where to find it?

Be safe/ Be well

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”