Prank call to the Stress Stress Center

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Some people love to live off others misery. This is totally inappropriate. I found no humor in this.....afterall..would you want a doctor to bust out with jokes about your illness if you werent feeling well....dont think so.. what makes people feel better is there own beliefs and values......God is not the subject here. creamcheese

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:14 am

Okay I am really torn about that video. Most of me is really annoyed that they would waste the time of StressCenter's caring, supportive, and busy staff. Anxiety is not funny when it's happening to you. However, I have no problems poking fun at myself, and I did find it somewhat humorous. If it weren't for the fact that they actually called in a crank call to a place that is busy helping people with very real issues than I might have found it to be more funny than I did. I bet a sounded almost as crazy as they did when I first called.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:29 am

That really sucked! Not funny at all. And not b/c it was to StressCenter, but b/c it was lame.

As a youth, I made prank calls and wasted ppls time. And I stopped to ask myself if I'm being too harsh about this, would I have found it funny if I didn't have anxiety. I tried to see it from the perspective of the person that posted it.

Poking fun at anxiety isn't the issue either. We ARE funny sometimes; being freaked out about things that aren't real threats.

I've laughed my ass off at funny prank calls on radio shows as an adult but that just wasn't a funny prank call. There was no good material there. And then to post it here; THAT is the tacky part.

And besides that, do u actually think she thought it was a real call. It sounded fake from the time the man opened his mouth. She just had a job to do. I can only imagine how many prank calls they get.

On a more positive note since I'm starting week 3, that is just my opinion of the video. And I feel a little negative and judgemental right now. Maybe my negative opinion is better kept to myself. Many of us are here b/c we couldn't handle the ridicule we might get from expressing ourselves and now we are slamming Rebel for expressing what he found to be funny. That's not right either.

Well I guess that's part of the reality we are all trying to learn to cope w/. How not to let other ppl's opinions of us affect us. Ok, I've drained myself w/ all this thinking. I'm done. :?

Post by Guest » Thu May 20, 2010 4:45 pm

I just have two words to describe that waisted time.

Post by Guest » Sat May 22, 2010 10:52 am

I thought it was funny in a stupid kind of way... kind of like Pee Wee Herman's Big Adventure movie. LOL You gotta laught sometimes and not take everything so serious! :)

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:24 pm

Not funny, it was wasting the ladies time.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:15 pm

i'll go retire to my masterbatorium

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:38 pm

That was not funny. The person that sent that clip was ignorant.I People who truly suffer from anxiety really need help not jokes. This person had no right to put that clip on this site. For those of you people with so called anxiety who thought this was funny really need to re-think if they should be in this program.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:54 pm

Using the sleestak by imitating Mother Mary and Baby Jesus is disgusting. If you don't believe in God or religion that's your business. You don't have to be an idiot about it but I guess it comes natural to you.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”