Visualization :)

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Perfectfacade83

Post by Perfectfacade83 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:38 pm

A few weeks ago a coworker yelled in my face/accused me of things I did not do, and I was caught so off guard that I completely froze and did not say anything back, and actually cried afterward. I was so disappointed in myself for not standing up to him and I kept replaying that scene in my head over and over again.

Finally, I realized one day that he reminded me of a piece of broccoli. His body is like the stem and is hair is very much like the tree, or top. Once I realized that, I replayed the scene replacing him with a piece of broccoli. It then became very amusing to picture a vegetable being upset with you. This sounds dumb, but it really worked for me so I thought I'd share :)...try visualizing!

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 am

No, that does not sound silly.

Your first reaction sounds very normal to me. We always have hind-sight and wish we had thought of this or that. We learn as we go.
Give yourself credit for coming up with the broccoli visual. By the way, saying nothing when someone is angry is very effective in shutting them down. Pat yourself on the back.

Sounds like your co-worker could use the program to help him with anger.

Good job.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:22 am

That is hilarious, also horrible that it happened to you, but now at least you could think of him as a stalk of broccoli every time you see him! And maybe even chuckle a little as you walk by.

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:30 pm

This original post made me laugh to hard I kept thinking and picturing you going into work the next day and seeing him and calling him "Brock".
Perfect you are awesome. That tip helped me actually not to take myself ,and others so seriously.
take care

Jill~
;)

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”