Got this funny OCD-ish email had to share it :)

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:22 pm

Why do I picture you sitting on the floor in a corner of a dark room rocking back and forth ?
This is waaaay too funny!!! I can imagine Jill sitting there in the corner of that dark room rocking back and forth because her life has become sooooo limited by her emails, and she is losing it ;) :D ;)!!!

I have received soooo many of those "type" of emails, that I will probably be joining her very soon...Tee Hee!!!

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Hey????? that's not very nice!! I would never be sitting in the corner in the dark rocking back and forth!! I am afraid of the dark :p :eek: :D

HebbReese

Post by HebbReese » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:42 am

Oh my goodness. I laughed so hard at this that I am still wiping the tears from my eyes! Now I am actually thankful that I have anxiety and not something like OCD! I e-mailed this to all of my family and friends jokingly blaming them for my anxiety issues due to their e-mails. I can not wait for their responses. :) I am definately guilty of some of those things. I can't tell you how often I'll be in a public bathroom, hovering my butt 6 inches over the toliet, while trying to balance my purse on my lap, and maintain in a squating position while my legs are shaking trying to give out from under me. LOL Maybe I am a little OCD. By the way, my wonderful biology teacher in high school, gave all of us students Q-tips and told us to go and swab anything we wanted in the school and then we were to come back and test them for bacteria. Who ever found the worst bacteria got some prize. We had people swabbing garbage cans, and the gym floors, and I swabbed the drinking fountain in the hall. I found Staph! Needless to say I won the prize, and the school had to have a hazmat team come in and disinfect that entire area. I have never used a drinking fountain since then! Yuck! :p

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 am

Hebb,
That is hilarious. I will think twice about drinking fountains now.Ewww cooties. That's a cool science experiment.
I laughed so hard when I got this email. I am glad you liked it.

(on a side note. I once got lost in Portage when I was trying to get from Kalamazoo to Goshen, I missed my exit and had to go back 2hrs east. Portage was scary.It was all industrial . Major anxiety haha)

Jill~

HebbReese

Post by HebbReese » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:31 am

It was a really cool science experiment. I will never forget it that's for sure! I'm scarred for life! LOL

Yeah, the northside of Portage is very industrial like right when you get off the highway, but when you start coming a little more south it gets better. How long ago was it that you got lost here? The city has changed so much recently! There are all kinds of big box stores and restuarants going up all over the place. Portage is getting really big! Yeah if you were going to Goshen from Michigan you were WAY out of your way in Portage!! I bet that was terrifying!

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Hebb
yeah it was like 1984, you may not even have been born yet haha. It was all industrial where I was at. I remember asking the guy at this mini market. "how far is Goshen from here?" and he laughed and pointed East and he goes. "a lil over two hours THAT WAY!" I said okay and went to my car and started bawling. I called Goshen and told them where I was and they were like
"WHAT??!!" and they all laughed and said I totally missed my exit off of 94. Now I would be okay since I am older but I was 19 and cute then haha .I was such a dork about maps and so on. Everyone kept asking me how Gary and Chicago was? Just to tease me.
If I ever head out that way again I will have to stop by and say "howdy"
:)
Jill~

HebbReese

Post by HebbReese » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Hi Jill,
It would depend on what time of the year in '84. I was born that fall. LOL I'm a youngster. You are absolutely right though, Portage was all industrial then. There wasn't really anything else here other than the steel mills. Oh my goodness, 19 and lost 2 hours away from your original destination? I would have bawled my eyes out too! At least you ended up in a pretty safe town. Getting lost in Gary or Chicago could have been really bad. I've gotten lost in both of those places, one wrong turn and you could be in serious danger! Talk about panic attacks! Yeah, next time you get lost out this way send me an E-mail, we'll do lunch! :)

creamcheesepuff

Post by creamcheesepuff » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey you guys....staph is all over the place!!!!....think of it this way....without the bad you wont have good, without the good there couldnt be bad....Mom Nature balances things on earth. Good hygeine is great dont get me wrong but I dont want to see anyone rocking themselves silly about it. Keep healthy and aware and BEWARE of those highway bathrooms...YIKES!!! spraying some diluted bleach with water will kill anything. God gave us immune systems He knew what he put here. Too funny this post. creamcheesepuff

HebbReese

Post by HebbReese » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:49 am

Eww...highway bathrooms!! That's why I always carry a gallon of Purel hand sanitizer in my purse! You never know what that last person may have touched. Especially after reading that nose-picking while driving statistic, gross. My husband is a local truck driver I know what they do in there, and I'm not taking any chances! LOL

MidnightButterfly

Post by MidnightButterfly » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:03 pm

I laughed at this so hard that I cried!!!! Thanks for the humor!

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”