Got this funny OCD-ish email had to share it :)

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:36 am

As we start another year - I want to thank all of you for your educational e-mails over the past year. I am totally screwed up now and have little chance of recovery.

I no longer open a public bathroom door without using a paper towel or have them put lemon slices in my ice water without worrying about the bacteria on the lemon peel.

I can't use the remote in a hotel room because I don't know what the last person was doing while flipping through the adult movie channels.

I can't sit down on the hotel bedspread because I can only imagine what has happened on it since it was last washed.

I have trouble shaking hands with someone who has been driving because the number one pastime while driving alone is picking one's nose (although cell phone usage may be taking the number one spot).

Eating a little snack sends me on a guilt trip because I can only imagine how many gallons of Trans fats I have consumed over the years.

I can't touch any woman's purse for fear she has placed it on the floor of a public bathroom.

I MUST SEND MY SPECIAL THANKS to whomever sent me the one about poop in the glue on envelopes because I now have to use a wet sponge with every envelope that needs sealing.

ALSO, now I have to scrub the top of every can I open for the same reason.

I no longer have any savings because I gave it to a sick girl (Penny Brown) who is about to die in the hospital for the 1,387,258th time.

I no longer have any money at all, but that will change once I receive the $15,000 that Bill Gates/Microsoft and AOL are sending me for participating in their special e-mail program.

I no longer worry about my soul because I have 363,214 angels looking out for me, and St. Theresa's Novena has granted my every wish.

I no longer eat KFC because their chickens are actually horrible mutant freaks with no eyes or feathers.

I no longer use cancer-causing deodorants even though I smell like a water buffalo on a hot day.

THANKS TO YOU I have learned that my prayers only get answered if I forward an e-mail to seven of my friends and make a wish within five minutes.

BECAUSE OF YOUR CONCERN, I no longer drink Coca Cola because it can remove toilet stains.

I no longer can buy gasoline or diesel without taking someone along to watch the car so a serial killer won't crawl in my back seat when I'm filling up.

I no longer drink Pepsi or Fanta since the people who make these products are atheists who refuse to put 'Under God’ on their cans.

I no longer use Cling Wrap in the microwave because it causes cancer.

AND THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW I can't boil a cup of water in the microwave anymore because it will blow up in my face....disfiguring me for life.

I no longer check the coin return on pay phones because I could be pricked with a needle infected with AIDS.

I no longer go to shopping malls because someone will drug me with a perfume sample and rob me.

I no longer receive packages from UPS or Fed Ex since they are actually Al Qaeda in disguise. And I no longer answer the phone because someone will ask me to dial a number for which I will get a phone bill with calls to Jamaica , Uganda , Singapore , and Uzbekistan

I no longer buy expensive cookies from Nordstrom’s since I now have their recipe.

THANKS TO YOU I can't use anyone's toilet but mine because a big black spider is lurking under the seat to cause me instant death when it bites my butt.

AND THANKS TO YOUR GREAT ADVICE, I can't ever pick up a dollar dropped in the parking lot because it probably was placed there by a sex molester waiting underneath my car to grab my leg.

I can no longer drive my car because I can't buy gasoline from certain fuel companies!

I can't do any gardening because I'm afraid I'll get bitten by the Violin Spider and my hand will fall off.

If you don't send this e-mail to at least 144,000 people in the next 70 minutes, a large dove with diarrhea will land on your head at 5:00 P.M. tomorrow afternoon, and the fleas from 12 camels will infest your back, causing you to grow a hairy hump.. I know this will occur because it actually happened to a friend of my next door neighbors' ex-mother-in-law's second husband's cousin's beautician . . .

Oh, by the way.....

A German scientist from Argentina , after a lengthy study, has discovered that people with insufficient brain activity read their e-mail with their hand on the mouse..

Don't bother taking it off now, it's too late.

PS: I now keep my toothbrush in the living room, because water splashes over 6 ft. out of the commode.

?

:D :p

manofmusic

Post by manofmusic » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Why do I picture you sitting on the floor in a corner of a dark room rocking back and forth ? LOL :D

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:35 pm

LOL..yeah if I took these emails seriously? Heck i'd be in a padded room somewhere.Whoever came up with this email is brilliant. Wish I could take the credit for it. :D :p ;)

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:59 pm

I loved the German Scientist from Argentina..makes me laugh everytime. Those emails are nuts! That's why they are so funny.
:p :D

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:25 pm

apparently not everyone shares my bizzare sense of humor...hmmm?

SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:54 pm

Ha! That last line was totally wrong about the German scientist. I use a track ball, not a mouse.
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

NinjaFrodo

Post by NinjaFrodo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:12 am

thats what awesome. There are people who actually think like this but we can laugh at these because we see the idiocy of them. If we can do that with some of our own obsessive thoughts then we wouldn't have problems with anxiety. Maybe i can use some of these things to create humor in my obsessive thoughts.

Mike
Here is the link to the Letting Go thread which is designated for venting
http://forum.stresscenter.com/viewtopic ... 52&t=25087

You can follow me on Twitter, same username or check out my blog

http://ninjafrodo.blogspot.com/

sunshine72

Post by sunshine72 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:27 pm

That was funny. I needed that! It's good to see the humerous side of anxiety maybe I will get through this after all.

swanees

Post by swanees » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 am

I loved it. I think it funny cause there is a couple of things in there we probably all do. The paper towel on the handles of the bathroom is mine. hahaha Thanks for taking the time to make us laugh

l[z

Post by l[z » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:59 am

Hi,Haven't visited the forums for months.Looks like I droped at the right time and in the right place.What a riot!!! I do a few of these tings myself.

Don't forget to use a napkin to handle the salt and pepper shakers in restaurants either.Who knows what kind of microorganisms are clinging to the slime on them.Especially the salt shaker,it gets used more often.

Liz

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”