Fishing Joke

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Russ K

Post by Russ K » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:41 am

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat drinking beer for a day!
`

SeaRunner

Post by SeaRunner » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:00 am

Good one, Russ! Keep 'em coming! Here's one to keep your theme going:

An Irish priest loved to fly fish, it was an obsession of his. So far this year the weather had been so bad that he hadn't had a chance to get his beloved waders on and his favorite flies out of their box. Strangely though, every Sunday the weather had been good, but of course Sunday is the day he has to go to work. The weather forecast was good again for the coming Sunday so he called a fellow priest claiming to have lost his voice and be in bed with the flu. He asked him to take over his sermon. The fly fishing priest drove fifty miles to a river near the coast so that no one would recognize him. An angel up in Heaven was keeping watch and saw what the priest was doing. He told God who agreed that he would do something about it. With the first cast of his line a huge fish mouth gulped down the fly. For over an hour the priest ran up and down the river bank fighting the fish. At the end when he finally landed the monster size fish it turned out to be a world record Salmon. Confused the angel asked God, "Why did you let him catch that huge fish? I thought you were going to teach him a lesson. God replied "I did. Who do you think hes going to tell?"
"Common things occur commonly. Uncommon things don't. Therefore, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras." -- C.J. Peters

JohnMAC

Post by JohnMAC » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:26 am

For the Northern-ers and us mountain people we like to go ice fishing. Here's a method that works well where I live.

You bore a hole in the ice with an 18" auger just about 40 feet from shore. Take a can of peas and line the hole just on the inside edge where the fish will see them. Then..stand back and grab hold of a baseball bat and wait. When the fish comes up to take a pea, knock him in the ice-hole.
If it wasn't for me, I'd be OK.

martha sadler

Post by martha sadler » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 am

:D Hi JohnMac LOL I Love it. I have not heard anything like that in a long time. It is so funny. Martha

jillzmind

Post by jillzmind » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 am

JohnMAC
that is hilarious. I missed this one somehow haha.
Thanks for my first laugh of the day
:)

J~

hillbilly ma

Post by hillbilly ma » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:59 am

:)I hear that fish oil is good for me. and WOW it is. and it makes my husbands hair slick back really nice and shines too. (LoL)
hillbilly ma

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”