Favorite T.V. Shows

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:24 am

Originally posted by TVGIRL1:
TL7,

OH MY GOD!!!! I thought I was the only one who watched the Golden Girls. Everyday! It's my favorite!
Its a great show isn't it! I hate that its March Madness on lifetime because they stuck in another movie at night and I can't get my nightly fix. BUT I do watch it at 7pm!!

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:54 pm

Hi! I realize I'm a little late for this topic, but, whatever! Here are my favorite shows:

The O.C. (c'mon, where are all the O.C. people!)
Friends
Three's Company
Gilmore Girls
That 70's Show
Joan of Arcadia
Saturday Night Live
Will and Grace

Now, what movies do you guys like? My favorites Dirty Dancing (and all of the other delicious campy 80s movies), Moulin Rouge, Chicago, Zoolander, Legally Blonde, and anything with Ethan Hawke! :)

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:47 am

Love those 80s movies especially the brat pack ones.

Back to the future is one of my all time favorites as is Clue...Schindler's list is also a great movie but not good if movies bother your anxiety. I also like the Austin Power movies.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:05 am

I love Moulin Rouge SO much!!! I also loved Dirty Dancing and I can't wait to see the new one. It won't be the same, but I hear it's good!

Dead Man Walking, and Green Mile are two of my favorites too. Then all the movies I grew up on like Sound of Music, Annie, and Parent Trap. I love old classics and musicals. I wish they would do more musicals nowadays. Chicago was ok, but I think we can produce better ones than that. Hollywood doesn't produce the good movies like they used to (with a few exceptions, of course). Like Kill Bill, I don't understand why everyone loved that one so much. But, I've never been a Quinten Tarrantino fan anyways except for Reservoir Dogs, that was pretty good.

Post by Guest » Wed May 05, 2004 3:02 pm

Ever since my job put my down to part-time (a week and a half ago) from 4:30-7:00pm I watch The Cosby Show @ 4:30, Fresh Prince of Bel-air @ 5 & 5:30, Home Improvement @ 6, and Will & Grace @ 6:30, I'd watch it again at 7, but Days of Our Lives comes on the Soap Network at 7, and since I don't usually get to see it at 1pm, I watch it at 7. Looks like almost all of us have the Will & Grace passion in common! That show is the cure for the common anxiety! Tonight was an emotional one, Grace was getting ready for her wedding and talked Will into walking her down the aisle. Last year I was addicted to the Sopranos' but this year I think I watched the first 2 new episodes that started in March, but they tend to rise my anxiety, so I had to give it up.

Post by Guest » Fri May 07, 2004 9:52 am

I forget myself watching Whose Line is it Anyway, where everything is made up and the points don't matter. That's right the points are like taking Xanax pill while watching that show :p

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:55 am

I'm a huge Will & Grace fan!! I have the third season on DVD but i cannot find the others. hmmmm.... :) :D :) :D

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:20 pm

Tammy, I know what you mean. I thought it was really disrespectful actually showing the towers collapsing and the plane crashing in.

I don't watch a lot of comedies, mostly suspense like CSI and NCIS. It doesn't make my anxiety worse unless they do an extremely realistic impersonation of someone throwing up. I find it's a nice distraction and I can always count on a good ending. (Unless you watched the last NCIS season finale, that is!)

Then again, I'm calmer in emergency situations in real life than I am with some day to day stuff. I hear someone has the stomach flu and it's like "Oh man, don't get too close!" but if someone passes out around me I'm almost bored. Kind of weird, I guess. I'm going to try and look into forensics or emergency dispatch - I think it might actually be less stressful for me for some reason.

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:46 pm

Am I the only one who likes Littlt House on The Prairie? punkie bruster? roseann?

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:08 pm

LOL!! I used to watch little house and punky all the time. I didnt even know that punky brewster still aired. Does it? I used to watch both the cartoon and sitcom of punky..loved it!!! lol....i still watch roseanne too. But Will and Grace is still my fav!! :)

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”