Favorite T.V. Shows

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Ami

Post by Ami » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:01 am

What are your favorite T.V. shows and how, if at all, does it contribute and/or help your anxiety?

I can't watch the news and things like that. It fills me with all kinds of negative thoughts and fears. I love Will & Grace because it's SO funny and I lose myself in those characters and they make me feel like I'm not so strange after all. I like a lot of the reality shows, but since I've started this program I try not to watch them as much because I notice that I get all "edgy" feeling.
"Every cloud has a silver lining."

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:04 am

I just love the Golden Girls...yes I know its an older show but just cracks me up no matter how many times Ive seen an episode.

I also like the show Charmed.

I don't do news because frankly I don't know how those people live with themselves. They dont tell the news, they promote fear...take a small occurance and hype it up so much that it scares people..then they are afraid not to watch the news. I lost all respect for the news with their 9-11 coverage. Sorry..tangent :)

Tammy

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:47 am

I love to watch " cheesy fun " shows because I am soooooooooooo sensative to anything seriouse or scary . I like to watch Home improvment , Full house , etc all those sitcoms I also like the Mary kate and Ashley movies . I watch with my daughter but like them myself, and I am 26 !!!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:37 pm

I'm with you about the news. I hardly ever watch it anymore myself. If they would start actually reporting some good news, maybe I would watch it again.

Jen

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:53 am

My favorite is "three is company", I watched every episode for more than 2 or 3 times and I steel laugh out loud when I am watching it.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:39 am

I have a list of shows that I love..lets see

Charmed
Everwood
7th Heaven
Gilmore Girls
One Tree Hill
Smallville
Friends
Will and Grace
E.R. (though sometimes...it messes with my hypocondria)

I love to get lost in the t.v shows...it slows my mind down.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:06 am

Kayce, you just listed all of my favorite shows! Except for Charmed, I love all of those. Most are WB. Everwood is the greatest show ever and I would suggest it to anyone. It almost always makes me cry and it's good for the whole family. All of those shows are great. I'll be watching Friends and Will & Grace tonight! Have fun. Maybe we can talk about them tomorrow.

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:08 am

TL7,

OH MY GOD!!!! I thought I was the only one who watched the Golden Girls. Everyday! It's my favorite!

I like Will & Grace very much, too. Very funny.

Of course, the classics, I Love Lucy, The Carol Burnett Show....

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:25 am

Originally posted by Ami:
[qb]Kayce, you just listed all of my favorite shows! Except for Charmed, I love all of those. Most are WB. Everwood is the greatest show ever and I would suggest it to anyone. It almost always makes me cry and it's good for the whole family. All of those shows are great. I'll be watching Friends and Will & Grace tonight! Have fun. Maybe we can talk about them tomorrow.[/qb]
Will and Grace...too funny!!
I only watch Charmed because I have been watching since the beginning..and right now it's the only thing on Sunday nights!!
I LOVE Everwood also...it is very realistic and such a good show. Glad we have that in common!!

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 13, 2004 1:41 pm

Usually, Sesame Street, Pokeymon, Digimon, Jimmy Neutron, cartoons........need I say more?

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”