Question for anyone with a bipolar child

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
utfuyu6

Post by utfuyu6 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:05 pm

My younger sister is bipolar, along with my father, grandfather, and uncle. My mother seems to keep insisting that my oldest daughter is acting EXACTLY like my younger sister did. She is worrying me because I odnt see anything but the terrible twos... my daughter is 23 months, is this way to young to diagnose her with it?
Last edited by utfuyu6 on Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://drmarkle.com]Cosmetic Dentist San Francisco[/url]

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:21 am

Hi:
In my opinion, it is much to young to be watching and looking for symptoms. You can find symptoms in just about anyone .

Just enjoy your baby. There is always going to be someone looking for symptoms. If they know it is in your family .

In all likelihood your baby is just fine.
Wishing you God's blessings.
MJ

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:21 am

utfuyu6,

Even if your daughter is bipolar, which your mother isn't qualified to diagnose unless she's a psychiatrist, what does she propose to do about it at this age? I'm sure she's just worried for you, but it comes out as bugging you instead.

Your mom is certainly entitled to her opinion, but that doesn't mean she's right. You might have to agree to disagree on this one. Maybe she's trying to correct a mistake she thinks she made with your sister or that you can head it off if you catch it earlier. I have bipolar members of my family and I don't know that they could have changed that if they knew sooner.

But in this case, you have the last say because this time, you're the mom.

(My sister in law called them "the terrific twos".)

Stick to your guns! :D

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”