I need help from anyone willing to take a little time out of their day

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 am

Jamie, as I read about your experiences at the grocery store, I felt as though I was reading about myself. I do everything exactly the way you describe, except I do take the items that are in the front row. I don't feel very comfortable with bread and other items that don't have safety seals. I never eat the first piece and I usually wait until someone else has eaten it and with most things I don't eat them right away in case there is a recall. And I absolutely HATE taking medication, vitamins, etc. I usually have a terrible panic attack and and that's just the beginning. But it's so funny that you mention the Tylenol scare from years ago. I was a young child when that happened and I was terrorized by it. I remember being so afraid of eating anything and I was so sad for the people that died. I remember crying for days. I felt so unsafe and unprotected. It's nice to hear that someone else remembers it, maybe it has happened to other this way?

Wendy

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Wendy
Yes I do that same thing. I never eat the first slices of bread. I am always checking dates on the food and If I could I would set a timer for the expiration dates so I could be reminded to throw them away ASAP. My poor hubby comes home and says without me even asking "Yes Dear I checked all the packaging and boxes for dates and tampering!". I think I was a teen when the Tylenol scare happened? I forget. Yes I have even scraped off the top of the sour cream and butter once its been opened incase some bacteria landed on it!! See I am OCD haha. I console myself by thinking I am "SURE" this is what Martha Stewart would do.
;)

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Hello Everyone,
You all are soooooo hilarious :D :D :D
Thanks for the laughs tonight :)

I can remember sooooo many funny things that I did back in those days!!! I would actually go to bed at night and think back upon my day and laugh at my own self!!!

Again, thanks for the laughter you all have brought into my life tonight!!!

May God Bless Each of You!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Ms T
glad you liked our silliness. SeaRunner is our
resident Comedian!!
Give it up for Jamie ladies and Gentlmen
He's here all week!!

;)

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Can't wait to read your book. When I was at my very worse with agoraphobia, I told my husband that when I died to please have my brain put in a box and sent somewhere to be disected to find out what panic disorder and all that goes with that, does to the brain and they need to study it to find a solution. I was very serious, then we both laughed about it, visualizing this very shaky box traveling somewhere in the midst of a panic attack!

Another one was: I feared fainting or bringing attention to myself in public. We were at the dentist office paying after the work I had done on a tooth. At the counter, IN the waiting room full of people, I fainted. When I woke up I was flat down on the floor surrounded by all the dentists and professionals working there and they had a mask on me. I knew all the people were looking and I immediately started laughing. What must these folks be thinking...should they run out the door after witnessing such an event. I was able to walk out feeling just fine and no longer fear fainting in public again. It was no big deal afterall...just funny! glenda mcguire (Beth226)

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”