Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
moonie91

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Post by moonie91 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:54 pm

I was so bad for a time I couldn't drive very much, very far and definately not over BRIDGES! Many a time I'd try to get across a bridge and just had to turn around and go home. My son was with me one time and I explained to him how I couldn't get across. As I was doing the program I faced this fear head on...my son was with me and as we were driving over the apex of the bridge he said..."mom...shouldn't you be screaming now?" It was so funny. I have no trouble driving over bridges now. :D

Asamsyd

Re: Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Post by Asamsyd » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:07 pm

HAHAHA this made my day!

lcipparone

Re: Kids Say the Darndest Things...

Post by lcipparone » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:46 am

this made me laugh and cry!! i used to have no problem driving over bridges, but for some reason, in the last 3-5 years, and especially now that i have a 2 year old, i am soooooo terrified!! i drove over one very tall bridge last summer to get to the jersey shore and i was ok bc i had already panicked on the highway right before the bridge...it was like i got it out of my system before venturing over the bridge. i usually feel like im going to freak out and turn my steering wheel straight over the side...really??? i know i would NEVER do that intentionally, but my mind plays these evil tricks!! my anxiety level is higher than it was last summer, so driving over that bridge to get to the shore this year is making me a nervous wreck. I LOVE THE BEACH and i really cant get there without driving over the commordore barry bridge! i know i need to face this fear head-on. the dizziness i feel on a daily basis makes me feel so off balance that the thought of driving over something with height makes me sick to my stomach. if my 2 yr old could make the connection that mommy actually made it over the bridge and didnt fall apart halfway through, and said something to me about it...i would bust out laughing too!!!! it would make my day :) i really just want to go on spontaneous driving adventures with my family without feeling so darned scared.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”