Great jobs for perfectionists!

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
Arwen

Post by Arwen » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:12 am

Just finished Session 4 yesterday and was inspired to compile a list of job opportunities for some of us... some are serious, some not so much, but in this job market, we all have to use what we have! :D

Great jobs for Anxious Perfectionists:

1. Proof reading (this was actually my side job for years!)
2. Quality Assurance Inspector
3. Home Stager
4. Interior Painter
5. Airline Safety Inspector
6. Color matching for paint stores
7. Office Cleaner
8. Golf course maintenance
9. Book/movie critic

Jobs not to get:

1. Zoo or carnival worker
2. Kindergarten/pre-school teacher
3. Cafeteria cleaner
4. Any job at a mall
5. Campground manager (people never go home and they swarm all over!)
6. Shooting range attendant
7. Game Show Host

Great jobs if you are depressed:

1. Fashion model
2. Mattress tester
3. Video game tester
4. Lighthouse Keeper
5. Ornitologist
6. Snake sitter
7. Bonsai tree grower (for the depressed perfectionist!)

Jobs not to get:

1. Customer Service Rep
2. Air Traffic Controller
3. Sport Store Clerk
4. Real Estate Agent (tried that one...)
5. Spokesperson for OxyClean

More ideas, anyone? :)

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:39 am

lol im a customer service rep lol.

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:50 pm

I was a customer service rep for almost a decade. I actually liked it most of the time...Even when I was depressed. But had I known I could have been a Mattress Tester??! Aww man! I feel jipped..
:P

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:44 am

Hmmmmm....there is a mattress factory about an hour north of here and a friend of mine knows someone who used to work there hahahahahahaha

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:19 am

Don I gotta say "Upstate South Carolina" just has me chuckling....I thought that was called
North Carolina?
:p

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:19 am

I was born in North Carolina. hahaha
I can't remember why I put "Upstate".
I have lived a couple of different places in SC in the upstate-midlands areas.
I lived in Colorado Springs while in the Army during the early 80's. Nice place!!!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:48 pm

LOL
I used to work in a mall and now I do customer service!

Post by Guest » Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:59 pm

I Love your perfectionist list!! I've worked in retail for 9 years and am about to go crazy!!
Constantly looking for ways to make it interesting....coaching my fellow employees "people" skills and bringing new ideas to my boss is much more fun than ringing up clothes! By the way, I've got my resume out for teaching and am making connections through relationships instead of WAITING for the phone to ring! Am also joining a women's professional business group this week. :D

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:22 pm

Jazelle
I am sorry I missed your post. That sounds awesome! I hope now a month later all this hard work has paid off and you are making lots o' mula? I know teachers don't make much. Not in ways that pay the bills. Hubby is getting his teaching degree also and hopes to be teaching maybe next Fall 2011.
I am still hoping that a mattress tester job comes my way. :p

Jill~

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Originally posted by Jazelle:
I Love your perfectionist list!! I've worked in retail for 9 years and am about to go crazy!!
Constantly looking for ways to make it interesting....coaching my fellow employees "people" skills and bringing new ideas to my boss is much more fun than ringing up clothes! By the way, I've got my resume out for teaching and am making connections through relationships instead of WAITING for the phone to ring! Am also joining a women's professional business group this week. :D
From a former teacher: do your homework very carefully before choosing a school to work in. Ask other teachers how they like working there and question the principal about her management style. And especially try to find out the teacher turn over rate at the school. Teaching is stressful and very subjective. However, good leadership makes all the difference.
Good luck!!!

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”