what was that all about?

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
space_caddet7321

Post by space_caddet7321 » Wed May 12, 2010 8:48 am

ok this may sound extremely retarded but i need to know how to fix this..
ok heres the thing i am 7 months pregnant and i am due july 19th. well some moms at my daughters preschool asked when my due date is and i accidently said june 19th but i get really nerious when im talking to people and sometimes i even stutter when they asked me it felt like i was on a stage in front of a million people. and i didnt correct what i had said. but now i have become really close with them and they are all asking when am i having the baby shower and they want an invite. but im affraid if i invite them and they find out that i due july instead of june im going to look very stupid. so i dont know what to say i dont want to look like a liar. but i also dont want them to think i didnt invite them cause i dont like them. its hard for me to make friends and i feel like i just blew it completely. what would you do?

Post by Guest » Wed May 12, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey Space_cadet tell them you re reviewed your literature from the doctor and you made a mistake in that you were off a month and if they start in on anything(which by my guess they will not as they have become close friends of yours) just chalk it up to hormonial jitters if they are parents and moms themselves they will totaly understand and it may even bring you gals closer. Le Ann

Post by Guest » Wed May 12, 2010 5:43 pm

I think it's unlikely that most of them will remember your due date. Even if they did, June to July isn't a big leap. It's not like you were off by entire trimester. Just invite them.

Post by Guest » Thu May 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Space, I say invite them anyways, and if anyone mentions the blunder I would just say "oh my goodness I told you June? I swear this baby is draining all of my brain power!" and laugh it off as one of those pregnancy woes. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I said and did a lot of foolish things! I think there really is a "space cadet" stage of pregnancy, so I would blame it on that. Those other moms will totally understand, and will probably be eager to share some of their prego faux pas with you! :)

Good luck. Wishing you a happy and healthy baby! :)

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”