Anybody have a favorite funny movie?

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
DaDutchess

Post by DaDutchess » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:54 am

ok everybody dont laugh my favorite funny movie is all of Tyler Perry's as "Madea" :p But my all time favorite movie now don't laugh is "You've got mail" with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. :D

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Hey Don,
It's good to see you again. you have made me laugh tonight. I really needed that :)
You know I use to say that quate by Jim Carey all the time at one of my old jobs from yrs. ago. Alrighty then...I will talk to you later lol!
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

derfy

Post by derfy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:00 pm

Oldie, but my all-time favorite is "Patch Adams." Actually, anything Robin Williams... he tickles my funny bone!

My Big Fat Greek Wedding (Windex!)

The scene in Steel Magnolias where Sally Field is grieving sooooo hard at the graveside and says she is so angry she wants to hit someone... and Olympia Dukakis says, "Here, hit Weeza!!" omigosh!!!

Thanks for sharing your favorites... they all made me laugh just remembering! :D
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves...
who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous?
Actually, who are we not to be? --Unknown
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/loveyouguysWave.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/sigsAvatarsEtc/ValHeartsSmiHug.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/TheOneAndOnlyDerfy/SigTags/LynneCocoaMo-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:50 am

I love steel magnolias it's sad but so good at the same time. I love that part too...Sally Field is a good actress. That part always gets me teary eyed...she's so real, you know.
I like Robin williams in "Mrs.Doughtfire". It's been a long time since I've seen it. I like the little girl with the lisp(lol)..She's so cute. Thanks for the memories lol! It helped put a smile on my face. :)

~Shelby~

Post by ~Shelby~ » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:13 am

some of the funniest movies are ones that barely anyone has ever seen, worth checking out

Drowning Mona - with Danny Devito, Bette Midler, Jaime-Lee Curtis, Neve Cambelle

Eulogy - Ray Romano, Debra Winger, Kelly Preston, Rip Torn, Hank Azaria

The Big Lebowski - Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore, Steve Buscemi, John Turturro

The Royal Tenenbaums - Gene Hackman, Danny Glover, Anjelica Houston, Bill Murray, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ben Stiller, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson

The In-Laws - Michael Douglas, Ryan Reynolds, Candace Bergen, Albert Brooks

Fun With Dick & Jane - Jim Carrey, Tea Leoni, Alec Baldwin

Intolerable Cruelty - George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Geoffrey Rush, Billy Bob Thorton, Cedric the Entertainer
The people who enjoy the simple things in life are the ones who enjoy life.

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:44 am

Mrs. Doubtfire!

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:25 am

Mrs.Doubtfire...."First day as a women and I'm already getting hot flashes" :)

Ceciliana

Post by Ceciliana » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:37 am

One of my favorite movies is "Better Off Dead" with John Cusack. It's about a depressed teen who was dumped by his girl friend. It is ridiculously funny because they exaggerate normal problems and I love that in movies.

Ceciliana

Post by Ceciliana » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:44 am

I agree that Steel Magnolias was very funny and very sad but I loved it because it depicts life as it is,laughing one minute and devastated the next. Also Mrs. Doubtfire shows so much emotion from Robin Williams that gave me an insight as to how deeply a father feels for his children. I pretty much thought only moms, with some exceptions, feel that strongly for there children.

sunbound

Post by sunbound » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 am

Ok, for those who've worked in office, I've gotta add: Office Space

Oh, yeah - anything with Robin Williams in it is usually quite comical.

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”