Anybody have a favorite funny movie?

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:22 pm

I was thinking today about some of my all time favorite funny movies. I would love to hear from ya'll....what's one that you like and is there a funny scene or comment you would like to share. I really need a good laugh!

One of my fav's is My Cousin Vinny with Joe Peshy(mispelled). He act's like a lawyer to try to help his nephew that got put in jail...in a very small town.
One scene that stands out is when Vinny(Joe Peshy) has to wear this suit because the dry cleaners was closed because of the flu. He walks in the court room looking like he just stepped out of a 1970's prom, Ruffles and all! The judge is the man who played in "The Munsters" years ago...very funny.
vinny has a New York acscent(mispelled) and he talks about the two "youts" in question. The jugde is like what did you just say. he meant the to youthes...very funny.
I could go on and on but I want because I want to hear from you.
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

seadog

Post by seadog » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi Karen, My Sister lives in Atlanta! (Small World) - I have never been there, but when I finish this and take a Long waited Vacation, I will travel there and see the rest of the Country Too!!!
One of my Fav. Movies is "What about Bob?".
It is one of the movies that helped me Laugh about Anx. & Dep. and some of the things that ppl do with obsessions. I found it really funny stuff! Have you seen it yet, Karen?
Here's to getting Better... Seadog

Swan01

Post by Swan01 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Karen,
Sooooo many favorite funny movies!!! LOL

How about...
Trading Places
Elf
Young Frankenstein
Airplane
Bruce Almighty
Caddyshack

Geez, I could go on and on.....
Funny TV shows..... always good for a belly laugh... I LOVE LUCY
Bewitched
I dream of Jeannie
The Andy Griffith Show
The Carol Burnett Show

Yes, I know, Im a geek, but I LOVE those old shows... sooooo funny!!! Laughter is the BEST medicine!

bevhembree

Post by bevhembree » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:54 pm

Oh, I love Christmas Vacation. He puts all those lights up and NOTHING! Then there's cousin Eddie asking him to "save the neck (turkey) for me, Clark."
I like Anchorman where Will Ferrill is trying to hit on the lady saying, "I have many leather-bound books, and my apt smells of rich mahogany." Then the biker guy kicks the dog off the bridge saying "that's how I roll!"
And I like that car racing move Ferrill is in where he's telling the owner something or other. The owner takes offense saying "you can't talk to me like that!" Ferrill says, "I sure as heck can. I said 'with all due respect.' It's in the Geneva Convention- look it up!"
Somehow this doesn't type out as being all that funny....I guess you had to be there, and I guess you can tell, the stupider the movie, the more I laugh.
Yeah, What about Bob is pretty good b/c I can relate. Anger Management is funny to me b/c my ex husband had such problems, and it's better now to laugh than cry about it.
"Here and happy because of my three little angels- Marie, Chad and Cady."

Tommyboy

Post by Tommyboy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:02 pm

I agree with Christmas vacation... that has to be the funniest movie for me and second is dumb and dumber... :)

faithinme

Post by faithinme » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:47 pm

HEY EVERYBODY,

I was in one of those want to get away from reality moods last weekend and I always rent a comedy when I get like this. I rented "What Happens In Vegas." It was absolutely funny. It had a very great ending. The kind that made you thinkabout life and how often we live our lives to please other people and not ourselves. I guess it kind of brought me back to reality in the end but gave me a much needed laugh.

I have to agree with "Christmas Vacation." being an all time favorite. I love when Clark goes sledding down the hill on the greased up sled.CLASSIC

Here's to laughing out loud!

Faith- Laugh as long as you breathe, Love as long as you Live :p

monty'smom

Post by monty'smom » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Great Question!!
Some will likely be too young to know some of these but what the heck.
The original Odd Couple, Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House, Arsenic and Old Lace, of course Vacation and Christmas Vacation,Vegas Vacation, Mr Bean, can't think right now but know there are many more.
Sitcoms... My Name Is Earl, Will and Grace, Frasier, ok time to shut this down for today. I'm just too tired to think.LOL :roll:
I'll add more as I remember them.
Night all
BELIEVE YOU CAN CONQUER ANYTHING~ AND YOU WILL !! I DID IT, YES !!!!!

karenLeigh

Post by karenLeigh » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:40 pm

seadog...I have seen it. It's been years ago but it was funny. Swano1..I also love the "Elf" movie. Will Ferril is so funny. I liked it when he worked at that department store. His boss was so serious, that it made it more funny.
I agree with the rest of ya'll Christmas Vacation is a good one. I have to see it every Christmas. I love the part where Clark(Chevy Chase) gets stuck in the attic and he finds an old trunk full of stuff. the next scene is him dressed in some women's gloves and hat because it's cold and he's watching a movie and crying...hilarious!!!
Tommyboy that's funny that your on-line name is that because the movie Tommy boy is one of my fav's plus Blacksheep both have the late Chris Farley in them.
I love Dumb and Dumber. They ride that crazy mo-ped all the way to Aspen.

Thanks for making me laugh :)
"Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world".

Mary Wargo

Post by Mary Wargo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:42 pm

How about Down and Out in Beverly Hills with Bette Midler and Richard Dreyfus.

seadog

Post by seadog » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:31 pm

On the Christmas theme... have you seen "A Christmas Story"?
It is a little silly but. What did you think of "Harry and the Hendersons"?
Give me some more. I can always use a smile!!!
Anyone seen “MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING?”
Tommy, Bev, I love Christmas Vacation! Seadog

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”