Can't really laugh about it!

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.
BgDave

Post by BgDave » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:51 pm

Well life just kicked me when I am already down. Some special person broke into my car and left a broken rear window, lucky my alarm scared them off or I might me missing more than the broken window and water inside it from the rain. WHY ME? Guess I'm just lucky!
Big Dave

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:10 pm

BgDave Things are going rough for you right now. I can see that. Things will get better. You are here on this earth for a purpose. Read the book of Job. I think that mabey God is allowing Satan to try and test you a bit, because He loves you and wants to refine you. Job came out good in the end of his trial.God loves you and He chastises His children that he loves, but never beyond there ability to take it. You must be a very strong and wonderful man. God has a special plan for you. You are going through this for some purpose. Some purpose for the good of you and others. I ask a prayer for you that this trial will end soon for you. I can imagine you walking through a desert and coming out the other side. There is a streem of fresh water and people are there with all kinds of food having a pickneck, They are saying to you come on over, We have been here weiting for you to show up. We want to celebrate with you. Come join us. Come and be full and find rest here, You need to rest because there is much work to do. You are refined now and God has chosen you to help these other people over here. You are strong enough now. He chose you,He has prepared you for this purpose.

Glass

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:19 am

Dave,
When it rains it pours! When we are down, unexpected and unfortunate life events can become exacerbated. I know from personal experience. As I look back at the rough times, sometimes the unexpected can actually get our minds moving in a different direction. For example using effective problem solving skills. I look back at some of the things now and just laugh - you chose the emotion. Best wishes!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:00 am

Dave, Steven is a wonderful uplifting guy. He made it thru the program and has/had moved on. Consider it a real privilege he took time to respond to this. It's been quite a while since any of us heard from you. Will you please reply or at least send me a PM? I know you've really been discouraged. Please don't give up. I hope you're reading the "Experiencing God" book. I hope you're doing the StressCenter.com program. Again, please let us know how you're doing.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:27 pm

Things like that suck! What I try to remmeber is that God promises us a perfect AFTER life not a perfect life here on earth. So remember that there will be tests here on earth and how we react to them is very important. Good luck to you-try to remember that the other person was sent from Satan to do that, and maybe that will reflect on their after life.

Mom of 6

Post by Mom of 6 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks for your posts everyone, I am glad that I did not loose my car and that was all that happened to it. I was pretty frustrated when it happened and thus my post, I can look back at it now and laugh!
"O God, you are my God. Earnestly I seek you;my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is BETTER than life,my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalms 63

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:42 pm

I'd have to say that for myself I have discovered some of the most beautiful things in life due to hardships.

Some of the worst occurrences in my life are the ones that pushed me more and more to be happy. If it were not for my state of desperation I would most likely end up living the rest of my life one very unhappy guy.

A lot has happened to me this week also, and though I honestly thought I wouldn't survive it, it is what pushed me to start this program again and be sure of the fact that I will finish it this time. No giving up, no stopping.

To the future...
Peace & Love
-Dustin

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”