Stress CENTER SUMMER PICNIC

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 10:37 am

dr. hook;
i gotta couple more fears on ya baby that all.

crayzikat

Post by crayzikat » Fri May 18, 2007 12:38 pm

OMG - scary stories around the campfire!

How 'bout this:

It was a dark and rainy night. I was sitting alone in my tent (after this huge picnic where I met all these great people and it was really fun, but stressfull at the same time.. ;)) with my CD player and relaxation tapes cued, my journal, a book of affirmations, various medications, 5 different book lights (cause I can NEVER find one that's just right! lol), when I hear the wind russle the trees outside my tent!

What if there's something out there?! (crowd looks nervous - remember I'm telling this story around the campfire!) What if it's a bear and he smells my fear?! (crowd begins to noticably fidgit) What if it's Sheri and she wants to come in and read scripture?!? (crowd begins to pull out their paper bags to avoid hyperventation) Or what if there's nothing out there and it's all in my mind and I'm going to go crazy and now I have to run to the porta potty 'cause my panic attack is making my bladder hyperactive!! (crowd decides to head to their own tents for meds and relaxation tapes)

:D :D

Steven - you think of the BEST stuff!!

Kat

vhetchler

Post by vhetchler » Fri May 18, 2007 1:11 pm

Sorry I have to cancel... Im Agoraphobic!!!!! LOL

Deb 45

Post by Deb 45 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:55 pm

This is going to be one great gathering (two people)

I can't make it because I can't handle taking chips out of a communal chip bowl. That's just gross. I want all my food in individually sealed packages. StressCenter.com are you listening? Carolyn where are you on this? Something needs to be done!:-)

Rene98

Post by Rene98 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:13 pm

Games:
Trivial diagnosis pursuit - first one to get all 6 pieces gets to pick the best disease of their choice.
3 legged sack race - just keep putting people in the sack until you have three legs in there that don't go numb easily and hop, hop, hop.

I would recommend assorted dips:
Xanax spinach
Prozac and black bean salsa
Ativan with crab and non fat sugar free imitation mayonnaise
Zoloft and mango chutney
Celebrex peanut butter mousse
Okay...who laced the coffee with Exlax? Look at the poor IBS's in line at the two porta-pots.
Immodium and fiberall on whole grain crackers.
Love and Light

Rene'

sk8grl18

Post by sk8grl18 » Fri May 18, 2007 3:35 pm

haha. I LOVE this! I totally wish we could all hang out. One thing we'll definitely need is a group shuttle to take all of us who don't drive due to anxiety and will need transportation to the picnic.

Mello Nello

Post by Mello Nello » Fri May 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Sk8grl,
You know what would be fun,, instead of a shuttle, an old fashioned hay ride!!! I remember those as a kid... Its a big flat bed trailer with horses pulling it. And it goes slow, and your feet can nearly touch the ground... so there wouldnt be a thing to fear!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! LOL Nelly:)

Jim2

Post by Jim2 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:34 pm

I've always thought it would be way cool to meet some of the people in chat. It's sometimes very easy to take things wrong there, because you really don't know the "tone" of voice it was intended to be, lol. It's like reading a book in chat sometimes, you form your own characters, have an idea what their voices sound like, etc. This way you would be able to see the person as they really are. Their mannerisms, their personalities, what they REALLY look like, lol, etc. I would hope everyone would get along there, as we all know one is no better than the other. We ALL have problems, that's why we come to chat. And yes Nellers, hayrides rule! Haven't been on one of those for years. Have a great day everyone, Jim2 :)

Rene98

Post by Rene98 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:00 pm

Originally posted by Mello Nello:
Sk8grl,
You know what would be fun,, instead of a shuttle, an old fashioned hay ride!!! I remember those as a kid... Its a big flat bed trailer with horses pulling it. And it goes slow, and your feet can nearly touch the ground... so there wouldnt be a thing to fear!!! ALL ABOARD!!!!! LOL Nelly:)
Sorry, can't get near the hay, afraid of the antihistamines it would take to prevent allergies and if I get the allergies then I would just be sure to get pneumonia and end up with a pulmonary embolism from all the coughing. :roll: :eek:
Love and Light

Rene'

Post by Guest » Fri May 18, 2007 5:58 pm

hayride, campfire, talk until 6am. rene , bring some benedryl and beer. kp

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”