Spousal Support

Somtimes it helps just to laugh.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:50 am

hi there ken
ive been married for 7 years now and i love my wife to bits and i hope she loves me as much
i had suffered agoraphobia/panic attacks every single day but as far as my condition is concerned my wife as completely turned her back on me and isnt one bit interested in my recovery.I`m constantly asking her for help if only its to go a little walk so i can get out but she isnt interested.All she says is she doesn`t understand
you say your wife is very supportive about your condition well please please let her in and help you all the way
speak from the heart and let her help you in anyway she can i know if i were you i would be proud to have my wife help me recover
good luck with your road to recovery

bdiddy

Post by bdiddy » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement.

Well, I did it! I shared the audio portion "I'll be there for you" with my wife yesterday. I told her late last week that I wanted to plan some time this weekend for her to listen to it and then for us to discuss it. As I expected and even though I was still reluctant, she was very supportive to the whole idea of getting involved to help me. She listned to the audio yesterday afternoon. When she was done, we had a great conversation about my issues. I personally didn't listen to the support portion, but I guess there's a statement made my Lucinda or someone thanking our support system for putting up with us and all of our issues. My wife and I both had a nice laugh about that. After listening to it, my wife also confirmed that she really felt like ansxity is truly the cause of my issues and said I matched the symptoms that were discussed. My wife didn't go into every little detail about what was shared, but did fill me in on some of it.

I am soooo glad I did share it with her finally! For all of you that are waiting to share it and have a supportive spouse or loved one willing to listen, I encourage you to take that step. I realize now how lucky I really am to have such a great wife who is going to support me through this program and do the steps that are being asked of her.

Thanks again for the advice to share the program and involve my spouse!

Take care, Ken

Return to “Humor for Anxiety”